Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpha Flight vol 1-3

My favorite by far is V1. And I agree #1-28 is by far the best of the best. Some of the later stories in that run were good also, but the early stuff and team will always be the best in my mind. V2 I enjoyed. It would've been nice to incorporate more of the originals. Might have saved the book. V3 I didn't care for, other than the fantastic artwork. Clayton is my favorite Alpha artist now!

My dream team would be(using members of all teams):

Heather and Mac - working as government liasons and heading the project.

Shaman - in a medical/mentor role. Whitman Knapp as his assitant.

Field Team

Guardian - Radius assumes the mantle after he is recovered by the Mole Man's moloids. Being buried alive can change a man, can't it.

Sasquatch - the only real answer for muscle.

Puck - I'd have said Zusha if I meant her. Eugene covers the espionage angle well.

Talisman/Shaman - Elizabeth assuming the role we all know she should.

Flex - more confident and in control of his powers - perhaps expand them to allow computer systems interface.

Jefferies/Box - It'd be interesting to see him interface with Flex if the computer interface thing evolved - He also supplies more muscle.

Last but not least....

Zusha - she's gotta get her own moniker though. Puck is taken!

I'd keep characters like Pathway, Snowbird, Wild Child, and Diamond Lil around for special assignments.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Classic AF

My favorite roster keeps changing, too.

Shaman/Michael, Snowbird, Talisman/Elizabeth, Sasquatch, Aurora, Puck I and II, Northstar, Heather in black leather outfit, Marrina, and Agent K.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Another dinosaur-in-spirit chiming in for the original book and the original line-up. I don't think there was anything wrong per se with vol 2, it just wasn't Alpha Flight to me. While I've enjoyed Scott Lobdell on other projects, I've never thought he had a good handle on any version of Alpha Flight. I would not be disappointed to see vol 3 sink into the realm of Comics That Time Forgot.

Suzene

I liked v3 characters a lot, lots of v2 ideas and stories, most of v1 stories and characters. I know I'm a bit of an outsider but I'd like to keep MML and Zuzha, add in Box and Feedback and Witchfire and Windshear, maybe GG. Puck to lead with Sasquatch I like a lot of characters from all 3 volumes but that's me, a character guy.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I liked v3 characters a lot, lots of v2 ideas and stories, most of v1 stories and characters. I know I'm a bit of an outsider but I'd like to keep MML and Zuzha, add in Box and Feedback and Witchfire and Windshear, maybe GG. Puck to lead with Sasquatch I like a lot of characters from all 3 volumes but that's me, a character guy.
    The only problem I see with this lineup, is that it follows the same formula the past failures have...2 orginal Alphans and a cast of secondary characters. I'm not saying I don't enjoy the characters listed, just that we've seen the formula fail twice or perhaps even three times before. Of course on the other hand this thread is asking for your dream team and not mine. So, I like your list...I just don't think it would be viable in the long run.

I prefer pre-vol.1 Alpha Flight, as portrayed in their various X-Men appearances with a firm link to Department H and the Canadian government.

While I've never read vol.2, it seems that Department H played a much more significant role than it did in vol.1, where it came off as peripheral and obselete and Alpha just another group of unaccountable superpowered American cowboys. Not that I've read all of vol.1, but that was my impression.

My line-up, despite a few misgivings about a couple fot he characters would be the real original ... Weapon Alpha/Guardian, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar and Aurora.

If nothing else, no one could complain about the quality of Alpha's villians back in the pre-vol.1 days.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I love v1 Alpha Flight; and it's the reason (at least 1 - 28 are) I read comics. v3 was enjoyable for me, but nothing special.
    v2, unlike the others on this list, had no redeeming qualities for me. It makes me ill just to look at the covers these days.

- Le Messor
    "Don’t let your mouth run faster than your brain."