Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight vol 1-3

Default Alpha Flight vol 1-3

I still haven't completed any of the volumes.

In your opinion which is the best volume?

What would be your dream roster taking characters from all three volumes?

Well, all in all, I'd say V.1 is my fav, but I really enjoyed many aspects of both V.2 and v.3

As for my "dream team" it changes all the time, but here's how I'd say it stands now:

Heather as Guardian and leader
    Sasquatch
    Jeffries (not in Box armour)
    Puck I
    Snowbird
    Shaman

Ben

I'm a traditionalist, volume one for me. Although as time goes by, my utter disdain for vol 2 is being replaced by reluctant acceptence. This is probably bought about by the mish mash of crap stories and crap jokes that was vol 3.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Volume 1 here, too. If you're looking to fill a run before you read, Volume 1 #'s 1-28 is THE MUST.

A roster taking characters from all three volumes?
    Heather as Guardian and leader
    Sasquatch
    Puck
    Aurora
    Flex
    Snowbird
    Major Mapleleaf
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I loved the characters in Vol 1 (the originals). I kinda dug the "X-Files" consipracy stuff from Vol 2 (just cause that's where I started reading) and the Art from Vol 3 (except waxing poetic).

Dream Lineup would be:
    Heather as Tactical Leader back tha the HQ
    Mac also at the HQ as a scientist/tech guy
    Puck as the trainer
    Sasquatch as the Leader
    MML as the new Guardian
    Northstar unzombified
    Aurora mostly cured
    Shaman as the HQ Doctor that will occasional go on missions
    Snowbird - explain a bit better about her new revival
    Jeffries unbrainwashed, also out of Box armor
    Flex bit more confident
    Radius bit less cocky... and... you know... alive

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Radius bit less cocky... and... you know... alive
    When did Radius die?

Uncanny X-Men #405. He was a member of Banshee's X-Corps when Avalanche opened the ground up under him and promptly closed it back up. Even if his force field protected him from getting smushed, he must have suffocated.

I didn't know that, looks like I'll go pick it up.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Uncanny X-Men #405. He was a member of Banshee's X-Corps when Avalanche opened the ground up under him and promptly closed it back up. Even if his force field protected him from getting smushed, he must have suffocated.
    Don't jump too far to conclusions: just because he was crushed doesn't mean he was left there... How many times have we thought 'oh he MUST be dead' then find out we were wrong. Hell, if Magneto tells us anything, you can survive nearly ANYTHING.

If anything, unless you see a body, there's a GOOD CHANCE that they must be dead (with some exceptions - ie: Colossus), otherwise, the chances are nil.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Interesting, the body was never recovered? well Radius is to obsure to bring back, so he might as well be dead. He did have potential though.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Interesting, the body was never recovered? well Radius is to obsure to bring back, so he might as well be dead. He did have potential though.
    Again, just because he's obscure.....
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Unless someone just doesn't do their research and sticks him in something (ie Sunpyre, who incidentally died in that very same story arc), I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing him again.

What!!!!! Never see Radius again... :P
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Volume 1 is definitely the best, IMO. And the John Byrne issues are classic! I don't think the team has ever been better than this era. (I'm a traditionalist, myself! )

I'd be interested to see what younger fans think. Which volume do you prefer?

Well I'm not a "young" fan by any stretch of the imagination (and no I'm not too old ether.) I would say that the original is my favourite... however I believe that any Alpha Flight is good Alpha Flight... so I would recommend getting all of them.

My dream team? Hmmm

Gaudian (James)
    Shaman
    Sasquatch (Walter)
    Nemesis
    Wild Child
    Major Mapleleaf jr.
    Northstar
    Aurora

Yeah I had a couple of the newer guys in there, I know a lot of people hate them but I actually think they had some potential for interesting stories.