Since we're in the middle of the holiday season, I've been reflecting a bit upon the past few months and how fortunate I have been. First I'd like to thank all of you here who thought of me in the days after the hurricanes. I'm very fortunate to have friends (though I've never met one of you) who keep me in the back of their minds at all times. It's comforting to know there are good people out there. That comes to the second point. I know many of you also donated time, money, supplies, etc. to helping the displaced in my corner of the world. You are all kings among men for showing such generousity. I pray your kindness will be repaid in when you need it most. The region is still shattered, but it is recovering slowly. There are many inconveniences to life that didn't exist before the storms, but they are minor. New Orleans and Biloxi (along with the many small towns effected) will rebuild. They will return to their former glory. It may take awhile, but they will. I realize there are many negative stories in the media, which is how they sell their product, but there are many more amazing stories we'll never hear or know about. This holiday season, pray for the amazing stories to continue and take the negatives with a grain of salt (remember the source). And when you sit down to your holiday feast or dig in to your holiday gifts, just stop awhile to think about those folks who aren't as fortunate, whether they were displaced by hurricanes, bad business decisions, or even bad luck.

And then pray that Alpha Flight will return to the stands in 2006!!!!

Sorry, I had to slip it in. anyway, thank you all for the kindness and friendship you've displayed over the past few months. Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukuh, Happy Ramadan, Happy Festivas, Winter Solstice , or whatever else you will be celebrating. You'll all be in my thoughts!

Tom