Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch in Howling Commandos #2...

Default Sasquatch in Howling Commandos #2...

Spoilers....
    In some the muddiest artwork I've ever seen...Bleh. It's a cameo appearance and he's wearing really tight pants, a giant Liefeld belt and armbands

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

yikes, sounds nasty. Got access to a scanner?

Ben

This I have to see.... I think.

Yeah, this is definately train-wreck material... I'm pretty sure I don't want to, but I have to see.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Gimmie half an hour... if it's worth it, I'll pick it up and scan it.

Well, there were a few lines of speech... so I picked it up.. I'm not entirely sure it's our Sasquatch rather than a sasquatch though.

The best panel;

...either this is someone who looks remarkably like Walt, or Walt has taken up some interesting fetishes...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I'm pretty sure that's just A Sasquatch, not Walt. Like the one in Vol.2 I suppose. Except, y'know, smart.

Isn't that a bit of the stretch? Especially since the dude is specifically corrected that it is not "a", but "The" Sasquatch. . . And he can talk, which you generally don't find with animals.

It's intended to be Walt...Yes..a bad representation of him(both visually and in characterization)...but as the text says...It isn't just any sasquatch...it's THE Sasquatch.

Dana

I just assumed they meant it in the same sense as THE Frankenstein, THE Mummy, eyc.

Nah...He would then be A sasquatch(indicating he was one of the mythical race), not THE Sasquatch(since there is only one known super being named that).

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Nah...He would then be A sasquatch(indicating he was one of the mythical race), not THE Sasquatch(since there is only one known super being named that).

Dana
    Except for Tanaraq, when he's hiding his true self, and Snowbird in that form, and Walter in a female body, and the creature in volume 2....LOL
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Hey! You're not helping!

Dana

That depiction is just awful all around. How do they get away with that crap? Isn't there quality control at Marvel? oh wait...LOLOLOL