Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight's Last Battle?

Hi JackFrostUK!

I hope we get some credible rumours. Man, I read that Alpha Flight might come back, Alpha Flight might die, Northstar may rejoin Alpha Flight, Wolverine may lead Alpha Flight, Bendis is a poopiehead, Bendis is better than you think, Marvel has something good up it's sleeve, this is the end of AF, this is just story and means nothing to Alpha Flight's future in comics...

And you know, I only post at two boards and both have people from the United Kingdom on board. Here and a TML board.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I am beginning to doubt that anyone in Alpha Flight will be killed, it's just the usual meaningless solicits that editors write to sell books, like Tieri and Lobdell complained about. Especially Tieri, who went so far as to post his disdain and true info about upcoming Wepon X issues.

BTW, who would take care of baby girl Hudson if the Hudsons get killed?

And this is the original AF, since Heather is there and Aurora/Northstar aren't.

Time for Alpha Flight in 2006!!

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Hiya Mr Frost, your correct in regards to Northstar. Wolvie slice and deced him, then the Hand resurected him, now I think S.H.I.E.L.D have the zombiefied Northstar. Joe Quesada said in his column yesterday that there are plans for Northstar.

Anyways, welcome to the forum.
    ew!

Does Aurora know about this? Last time i saw her she kidnapped Colcord in Weapon X.

I think Aurora left Colcord and struck out on her own, but I could be and probably am wrong in this. I don't think there has been any indication that she is aware Northstar was dead/Zombiefied and now whatever.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I believe this epilogue issue will be used to introduce this new threat and to create suspence... Having said that, what possible suspence could it create for the New Avengers if the thing is stopped by Alpha, barely gets by alpha, or just beats them and walks away. Plus after seeing the scared look on Sasks' face... I have a bad feelign there will be major casualties.

I'm wondering if the Collective thing is like a virus and it infects the members of AF so thy wind up fighting NA?

Of course, that has been done soooo many times and is unlikely here.

BTW, it looks to me like Sasquatch is yelling at the guy/gal/thing coming out of the smoke, not scared. You know, yelling "are you OK" or "what's going on" or "who are you".

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Time for Alpha Flight in 2006!!
    I second that! One of the things I'm curious about is the reason(s) why Alpha Flight is making an appearance in NA at all?

Hopefully over the next couple of issues this will be set up or explained. The phrase "Final Battle" can be taken SO many ways. If they disband, like Ben said, what's one more time? If it's a name change, that's okay as long it's motivated or has a connection to the history of the team. If they're killed off out right?-we all know Bendis' track record. I just hope know they go down fighting and are shown as the heroes they are!

BTW, it looks to me like Sasquatch is yelling at the guy/gal/thing coming out of the smoke, not scared. You know, yelling "are you OK" or "what's going on" or "who are you".
    Yeah I think it was Puck that looked scared or concerned, my bad. Oh, btw, I checked out Bendis' Jinxworld and he said "Alpha Flight, the next Hawkeye" in reference to all the hate mail he's been getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Yeah I think it was Puck that looked scared or concerned, my bad. Oh, btw, I checked out Bendis' Jinxworld and he said "Alpha Flight, the next Hawkeye" in reference to all the hate mail he's been getting.
    .....so Alpha's gonna be killed, brought back, killed, brought back, killed only to be brought back AGAIN all in the span of six months??
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    .....so Alpha's gonna be killed, brought back, killed, brought back, killed only to be brought back AGAIN all in the span of six months??
    Yeah... and what else is new?

sounds like macs life..........er.......death.......then life again (rinse/repeat) story.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    sounds like macs life..........er.......death.......then life again (rinse/repeat) story.
    Mac's got more frequent flyer points than Jesus now.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I believe this epilogue issue will be used to introduce this new threat and to create suspence... Having said that, what possible suspence could it create for the New Avengers if the thing is stopped by Alpha, barely gets by alpha, or just beats them and walks away. Plus after seeing the scared look on Sasks' face... I have a bad feelign there will be major casualties.

That pretty much matches my theory as to what is going to happen. Just by piecing together what info they have released and it sounds like they are launching some sort of new “threat” to the Marvel Universe and AF is going to be the first group of heroes to encounter it.

Anyone who watches horror flicks knows it’s never a good thing to be the first one to run into the monster. I hope that’s not the case.

I'm sorry but if Bendis thinks he's killing off the entire team I've got a yellow snowball with his name on it. That's garbage "AF, the next Hawkeye". If they go down he better do it with respect otherwise this team is doomed.

Well I'm actually suprized the amount of people complaining about the possible AF demise on various boards and even at Bendis board...go AF!