Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha Flight's Last Battle?

Quote Originally Posted by RatCat

Anyone who watches horror flicks knows it’s never a good thing to be the first one to run into the monster. I hope that’s not the case.
    Unless of course the monster thinks you're dead along with all of the other supporting cast just so you can jump out in the last 15 minutes and save the day and explain all you've found out about the new threat. Of course with Alpha's track record I'd have to say they're likely toast!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Well I'm actually suprized the amount of people complaining about the possible AF demise on various boards and even at Bendis board...go AF!
    Let's hope Marvel threw these tid bits out to see the reaction and make future plans based on that.

Purely financially speaking, it would be a poor choice to allow Bendis to kill AF off. They have all these lines of products coming out just now, it wouldn't be smart. Having a big storyline involving these characters, now THAT would be smart.

Ben

Well come on it's not like Bendis will kill mutliple characters to further a story right?...right?....guys?....oh good lord no!

I just don't see AF being killed off here, at least not the whole team. Major Mapleleaf certainly seems like cannon fodder as well as Puck II but how can Bendis kill off anyone else in that pic? Sasquatch can't die (only because he rules and they need to sell action figures). And you can't keep Mac dead for more than 20 issues on average.

By the way Ben nice job of defending AF over on Newsarama. Some people can’t seem to understand that just because they don’t know or like the characters doesn’t mean everyone else feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Major Mapleleaf certainly seems like cannon fodder.
    I don't see Thunder anywhere in the pic either, so what can the Major's chances really be. I can see Zusha biting it trying to save his sorry butt. At least we know he'll go down fighting the good fight. If indeed it is Shaman depicted and not Earthmover, it would present an opportune time to make the change from old to new guard as well. This could be where PuckII earns her new moniker also. As much as I'd hate to see it happen, coming out of the battle with only Sas, Guardian, Vindicator, and PuckII standing wouldn't be a terrible outcome. Now if the battle field is littered with Alpha corpses I'd be pissed. And even though Puck and Shaman are two of my personal favorites, I think I could part with them if it gives the team a chance at a new book. I guess we just have to hold our breath and wait.

By the way Ben nice job of defending AF over on Newsarama. Some people can’t seem to understand that just because they don’t know or like the characters doesn’t mean everyone else feels the same way.
    Thanks RatCat. That one person's comments about the chracters didn't sit well with me, but I tried to present my points in a diplomatic way that might make him thing "maybe I was wrong" oh well, all we can do is state our own opinions, and try to respect those of others.

Ben

screw diplomacy.

desperate times calls for desperate measures!!

flame them all!!!

sorry, but all that defending over at quesada's and bendis's boards has finally made me snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Thanks RatCat. That one person's comments about the chracters didn't sit well with me, but I tried to present my points in a diplomatic way that might make him thing "maybe I was wrong" oh well, all we can do is state our own opinions, and try to respect those of others.

Ben
    Can you give me the link where you were replying? I'm interested in reading your replies.

[Ignore this post]

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

[Ignore this post]
    Thank you. I will.

- Le Messor
    "Don’t keep doing what doesn’t work."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    [Ignore this post]
    Thank you. I will.