Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Sketch for NA #16

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Well looks bad at first look. Alpha Flight is sent after a downed spaceship or plane, they advance on its smoking wreckage and someone/ones come walking out, smiling. That is not good IMHO.
    C'mon! It's never supposed to look good at first. If it did you think their foe was the Fearless Frogman or something. It's supposed to look like a no win situation! Then they pull through somehow. I'm still optimistic that they'll somehow pull through this with a new title or at least a designation that gives them a cameo role in New Avengers periodically. Fans like Alpha Flight, when it is Alpha Flight and not Scotty's Book of Superhero Jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Fans like Alpha Flight, when it is Alpha Flight and not Scotty's Book of Superhero Jokes!
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I think this exposure alone, coupled with some great art will create some new fans of the team.

There do seem to be an awful lot of fans chiming in with "Bendis can't kill AF, they've got so much potential" etc etc over on his board and Newsarama etc..

Yeah, what with all the sudden interest in AF again, it DOES look like they are trying to reuse the team to a point where they'll be bringing them back - even AFTER the fiasco that was Lobdell's run... Maybe we've been a bit rash to jump the gun so soon on their ultimate demise after V.3...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I wonder if the upcoming Puck apperance where they find out he is an alcholic has to do something with this?

I read the X-Men Unlimited issue today and I doubt it, although the ending could easily lead into NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I read the X-Men Unlimited issue today and I doubt it, although the ending could easily lead into NA.
    Did it come out last wednesday? I didn't see it at my store

Nope, out today. I read the advance copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Nope, out today. I read the advance copy.
    Out today? damn it I didn't see it

Was it good?

It was okay. I found the artwork a little grating.
    I am very precise in calling someone an alcoholic, looking at dependence on substance rather than quantity. Puck had too much on one night and started whining about his life while drunk...not necessarily an alcoholic based on this one appearance.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Umm... Didn't Snowbird and Yukon Jack dissapear together to rule their hidden civilizations? I don't think we'll be seeing her again... I'm happy that at least two of the new alphans will still exhist though, and the coolest ones fer shore!!

That whole ending to V.3 is sketchy at best. The impression I got out of it was "these are some things that are going to happen in the not so distant future" That is to say, these are thing things that will happen should nothing alter the course of the timeline. Nothing there is set in stone. Besides, THAT Snowbird is the "time displaced" snowbird. What that whole mess gets fixed, what was to happen with those versions of the characters will be moot.

Ben

And then the HoM reboot thing, and next the Civil War, so Lobdell's 'ending' means diddly squat. Good thing his characters don't. Not like the forgotten Seagle crew.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I don't thing HoM rebooted anything.
    It merely made some mutants non-mutants.