Thread: Alpha Flight Icons

Default Alpha Flight Icons

I hope it's not too minor for it's own theard. I've made some boo-boos lately. Alpha Flight Icons, notably for live journal, I'm planning to make quite a few sets, 13 per showing. Anyway, feel free to look, at the least. I'm very proud of the Tanaraq icon.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...ns/162743.html

LOL...I love them. I especially like the Aurora "B!tch please." and the Wanda Langkowski "I was possessed" Icons....they're really fun, Spy.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Critic...YES! I like to do critic, but I'm warning you, I'm direct. Allan, can tell you.

I like them in general, I think you're best are diamond Lil, Sasquatch d'oh!, PuckII and cloned Snowbird.

But a lot of the text put there is hard to read or simply not readable. It's too small for me anyway. May depends on what resolution you got your screen, but me I don't see much. Like in the snowbird pic, I have no clue what's written there.

The animated icon with Sas is cool, but I fell frustrated because I never get enough time to read what did Scott Lobdell. Maybe just give the aniimation a little bit more time on text parts.

Aurora pic is funny but it missing some contrast, maybe a black border of 2 or 3 pixels? or add shadows to the text. Something like that.

Did I tell you Diamond Lil icon is cool? Really like th eFlawed Diamond font.

There you go!

It's easier to critic than to create icon myself
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

That Wanda Langkowski icon is just hilarious!

MM

Regarding the Snowbird icon: it says "(something) White Goddess". What is that word, please? It looks like "follow" or "fallen".

Thank you all for the responses! I think next time when I finish a batch, I'll present them here first for quality control.

Dana) Thank you! Aurora's just as *****y as Jean Paul, heck even as Jeannie Marie she's kinda "strange". And Wanda's expression screams, "What!? No Double D cup!?". I was actually amused by issue 62 (God War) because seeing a pretty model type of lady talking like an embittered ex-husband (which she is!).

syvalois) … … … *cries like a little girl!* No, wait.

- I can't redo Heather's icon without making it all over again. I was stupid and I didn't save in a format that has layers. I didn't want to add the text but it's "Guardian" and “Heather McNeil Hudson”. For those who have no knowledge of AF; though why would they take an icon that is AF related did not strike me until a few moments ago. Blame the Florida school system.
    - Tanaraq purposely had itty-bitty text so the icon would look "cool". All the popular kids are doing it! :P The text reads "the folly of testing a god". Quoted from Tanny in the Exiles comic he had a cameo in.
    -The Aurora ones now has a choice of black text with a white "shadow" and the ones I had before.
    - Snowbird's sez; "Fallen White Goddess", and I posted an alt icon, which is hopefully more readable.
    - Added a slower animated icon of Walter's DDR beta testing.
    - The text I used for Lil's "Flawed Diamond" icon is called "Ashley" and it's a free font, it should be easy to find.

Mike) As I said, check her expression. I'm sure once during her 'transgender' situation, Wanda locked herself in the bedroom for quite some time. Notably since they couldn't have poor Wanda dealing with being a straight man in a woman's body and lust after women.

birdygirl) "Fallen White Goddess", added a more readable text and slightly different colors.

Thanks for explaining all this. Great icons!

Thanks. I like to gab too much, so that explains that.