Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vol.2 question

Default Vol.2 question

Right from the start I'm confused...always a good sign. I just picked up the entire vol.2, even though I mostly know what happenes. Anyways what timeline is this in? was that Wolverine/Guardian scene set in the past when he first found Wolverine and tried to be his friend. Or set just before vol.2 began. Next question, how could his claws penetrate the shields this time, when every single time prior Wolverine has tried he couldn't get through. *shrugs* He probally just lowered his shield due to he thought Wolvie was out.

I would put the Wolverine/Guardian thing at just before 'First Flight', well before Uncanny #120. The bit about the claws penertrating the forcefield could be explained away by summising that if Mac spent ten years refining the suit (was it ten, hard to remember the origin story) then when that Prometheus scene took place the field was not as powerful as it was in Uncanny #109.

Or not as the case may be.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

It was during the Weapon Alpha days, just not sure exactally when.

Thanks for the input.

If it ws definately during the Weapon Alpha days then it can only bad writing. If Wolvie was stable enough to run First Flight and behave as he did at that time, then there's no feasable way he would gut Mac as severely as he did in vol 2. IMHO anyways.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    If it ws definately during the Weapon Alpha days then it can only bad writing. If Wolvie was stable enough to run First Flight and behave as he did at that time, then there's no feasable way he would gut Mac as severely as he did in vol 2. IMHO anyways.
    Indeed, here's what he said:

"You are James Macdonald Hudson, nicknamed "Mac", code-named Weapon ALpha and later Guardian--" *this is during when he gets stabbed by Wolverine

"Look I never told you, but back in the Weapon Alpha program, I was almost killed by Wolverine" pg.23
    ----
    Here are the scans

Plus given that Mac was a civvie in First Flight while his suit was still in it's Grounhog configuration, then Wovie must have undergone some very severe regression between First Flight and the Prometheus scene.

Bad writing ?
    Del

I had it in my mind that it was this incident that was one of the deciding factors for wolvie to leave Canada when he joined up with the X-Men

Ben

For whatever it might be worth, Wolvie's suit is his early X-Men era suit, and not his "original" as per his first appearance in the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I had it in my mind that it was this incident that was one of the deciding factors for wolvie to leave Canada when he joined up with the X-Men

Ben
    I thought the incident with Bedlam and Heather were the main deciding factor to why he left.

Edit: How could Department H inject needles into Diamond Lil?

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Re: Vol.2 question

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    ...He probally just lowered his shield due to he thought Wolvie was out.
    This is what I thought happened. Honestly, I never really tried to place where in MU continuity-time this happened; I just accepted that it did, as it ties in with UXM# 109, as I said before.

I could accept this incident a whole lot easier than Epsilon-Reds capturing Heather and Judd in a restaurant in broad daylight.

As for Dept. H injecting needles into Diamond Lil---now, that's just not giving any respect to the character. That, to me, is really bad writing because it's just doing whatever somebody wants to the character no matter how inconsistent it is with who/what Crawley is supposed to be.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    As for Dept. H injecting needles into Diamond Lil---now, that's just not giving any respect to the character. That, to me, is really bad writing because it's just doing whatever somebody wants to the character no matter how inconsistent it is with who/what Crawley is supposed to be.
    I made sense of this to myself by considering that Dept H. most likely still had the ray gun used to penetrate her skin to do the biopsy. Using that technology they could ave played around with her a bit.

Ben

Or perhaps they had an adamantium scringe (sp?); made from Wolvie's leftovers perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Edit: How could Department H inject needles into Diamond Lil?
    Mutant power dampener.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default The skin-piercing gizmo from that V1 cosmic storyline...

...I made sense of this to myself by considering that Dept H. most likely still had the ray gun used to penetrate her skin to do the biopsy. Using that technology they could ave played around with her a bit.
    Ben
    Is it too much to ask that a reference, either by the writer or the editor, be made to that? Diamond Lil injected with Thetagen-X...geez.
    What is Thetagen-X, anyway?
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    I made sense of this to myself by considering that Dept H. most likely still had the ray gun used to penetrate her skin to do the biopsy. Using that technology they could ave played around with her a bit.

Ben
    Or used cells from that biopsy to make the Lilli girl
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.