Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vol.2 question

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Do you forgive me for the wikipedia thing?
    Course I do, but I still maintain your reading the wrong Wikipedia.
    And your comment on Radius's full potential, Spot On
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    nuh uh....his full potential is growing claws on each hand, develop a healing factor as well have a addiction to cigars. He would be the most popular character in Marvel.
    Heh, Iceman makes the SAME joke in UXM #415 (which is an Alpha Flight appearance featuring Northstar's new X-Men costume) while teasing Archangel. Upon discovering that Warren has a healing factor in his blood, Bobby says, "So, what's next? You pop claws out of your forearms, develop a taste for beer and mousse your hair all pointy on the sides?"

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Here's something interesting the the X-Men handbook about Murmur
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...071_Murmur.jpg

Teleportation

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Here's something interesting the the X-Men handbook about Murmur
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...071_Murmur.jpg

Teleportation
    I suspected that, I mean how else could she have teleported Virgo in #1. but they never said it so I wasn't sure, did they say that it is her power later in the series?

Zeke

I figured she just used her powers of command to make Virgo use the Zodiak's teleportation devices. They did teleport several times through the series.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by zekethegreat
    I suspected that, I mean how else could she have teleported Virgo in #1. but they never said it so I wasn't sure, did they say that it is her power later in the series?

Zeke
    Yeah they never explained how she transported Virgo to Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I figured she just used her powers of command to make Virgo use the Zodiak's teleportation devices. They did teleport several times through the series.

Ben
    That's what I thought happened, but now the question is...do you take this serious? handbook are unreliable

What gets me is, all Murmur said to Virgo was 'Paris' and *POOF* she was gone! not only that, Virgo apparently developed amnesia for a little bit afterwards, until Taurus found her... some how, STILL not sure how Arlette did that, since 'Paris' isn't exactly a command (like when she touched Puck in v.2.1 and said 'Sleep'). If she had said 'go to Paris and forget who you are', that'd make sence...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I was watching the old X-Men cartoon and it was the episode about Genosha which featured J-M and J-P but my main thought was they were wearing the collars that disable a mutant power. Was that just in the cartoon or in the comics as well and if so, couldn't they just put one on Jared from time to time so he could do something normal like take a pee or physically eat food?

Quote Originally Posted by shaman
    I was watching the old X-Men cartoon and it was the episode about Genosha which featured J-M and J-P but my main thought was they were wearing the collars that disable a mutant power. Was that just in the cartoon or in the comics as well and if so, couldn't they just put one on Jared from time to time so he could do something normal like take a pee or physically eat food?
    Even if it did exist (which it doesn't, but something similar does)it would just attach to his field and not disable anything. but once we say that comes the question: how did he wear clothes?
    basically it all comes from writers ignoring what his power would actually do, but in comics you have to suspend disbelief.

Zeke

an inhibiter collar DOES exist in the MU, but, generally speaking, it's either much bulkier, or more 'comfortable'. There's an image of Cyclops (disguised as Polaris) wearing it in an older X-Men comic. if/when I can find it, I'll show you a scan.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I've always wondered why Rogue doesn't just put on an inhibitor collar, or similar. Magneto's Bermuda Island base had a power inhibiting field (which I think they'd put in every single shopping mall, to prevent thefts.)

- Le Messor
    "You will rue the day! Well, start ruing!"
    - Stewie Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I've always wondered why Rogue doesn't just put on an inhibitor collar, or similar. Magneto's Bermuda Island base had a power inhibiting field (which I think they'd put in every single shopping mall, to prevent thefts.)
    Good point. That would be almost too easy though wouldn't it?

I believe the customary fanwank is that power inhibitor technology a) causes great discomfort in the short term and b) genetic damage to the subject in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    an inhibiter collar DOES exist in the MU, but, generally speaking, it's either much bulkier, or more 'comfortable'. There's an image of Cyclops (disguised as Polaris) wearing it in an older X-Men comic. if/when I can find it, I'll show you a scan.
    Cyclops...cross-dressing? I somehow missed that...LOL.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Cyclops...cross-dressing? I somehow missed that...LOL.

Dana
    X-Men #95, 1999 - the same issue where Wolverine was revealed to be Death III