Thread: Asgardian War Stories

Default Asgardian War Stories

From Newsarama:

In a bold and exciting move, Marvel is giving its fans the chance to determine what Chris Claremont’s next X-project will be.

“We’re putting this in the hands of the fans and we couldn’t be more excited about the possibilities,” says editor Mark Paniccia. “These four options all sound cool enough to support their own mini-series but only one can win. Chris and I are on the edge of our seats!”

By voting on Marvel.com, fans will have a chance to determine what 6-issue X-Men mini-series Claremont will tackle after X-Men: The End.

...among the choices...

Asgardian War Stories – During the Asgardian War, the X-Men, Alpha Flight, and the New Mutants all fought alongside the Norse Gods. But what would have happened if they never returned to Earth and stayed in Asgard?

Vote on Marvel.com

Sadly, there's no way it's going to win. Way too obscure a story, so nobody seems to really care.

Even I voted for something else before I got around to reading the description and realized what the possibilities would be.

What are the other choices? Because I remember too well what is the Asgardians adventure New Mutants and X-men had, it was a really good story, but I don't remember AF been part of it. Or Am I mixing up with something else?

Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I voted for Alpha Flight!

I'm also disappointed by the poor usage: "Day's of Future Past" ?!?! It should be "Days". C'mon!

The results after my vote showed the Asgardian Wars at 20%, DoFP at 29%, neXt at 34% and What If... at 17%.

Love,
    rplas's
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Alpha Flight did not go to Asgard in the X-Men battle, though they did later on as a result.

Also, I believe there's already been a 'What If the New Mutants had Stayed In Asgard?' issue.
    I never read it.

- Le Messor
    "Brigitte's dry tone sounded odd with her wet cheeks."
    -- Robert Jordan

yeah, doesn't look like the Asgardian one is gonna win, still I voted for it...that was a great limited series, with a great AF lineup at the time...

The first Alpha/X LS led into the X-Men/New Mutants annuals where those two teams visited Asgard and could have star=yed.

Can't Claremont do something new without revisited successes now two decades past?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

For the record, Asgardian War Stories lost the poll. Looks like the winner was neXt.