Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: in their final battle!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Bendis better not kill Heather either.
    I don't think they would. There's a certain shyness in orphaning babies, so as long as little Emma (or whatever her name is) is alive, I would think Heather's safe.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I don't think they would. There's a certain shyness in orphaning babies, so as long as little Emma (or whatever her name is) is alive, I would think Heather's safe.
    I don't even think it was named yet.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    She wasn't. Don't know why, but I always picked up on "Emma" as a name...I'm strange
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    She wasn't. Don't know why, but I always picked up on "Emma" as a name...I'm strange
    Heh, someone's been watching too much 'Friends' :P
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

My sister named my neice Emma 5 months before that Friends episode came out because she thought it was nice and was not widely used.... Yeah, who isn't named Emma these days? lol

But yeah, that Champions idea could work. Somehting like the Exiles but always in the Marvel U. Fan favorite characters from all of the teams that don't sell well in their own titles. Something like that could be interesting. Sasquatch and Puck for example would want to keep Canadian needs on the teams mind if there is no official team left with the sole responsibilty of protecting the "true north strong and free."

Here is the link to the poster for Marvels summer event...

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/.../whoseside.jpg

Guardian is shown in the upper left corner. (He's in the W)

MM

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Here is the link to the poster for Marvels summer event...

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/.../whoseside.jpg

Guardian is shown in the upper left corner. (He's in the W)

MM
    Already posted and it's Puck and Guardian in the W
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t/wsayo6cs.gif

I was wondering how current that picture was (the one they used in the background of the letters) because it ~could~ just be old stock art, but I see one of the new New Warriors and I think one of the Young Avengers in there. So that's a good sign.

It's a collage of lots of different pictures from different comics. I'm pretty sure the image of Mac and Judd is from New Avengers #16.

I don't know....it looks a lot like the same artist did the poster to me. It doesn't have the varied look of a collage by various artists.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

It looks like Steve McNiven drew it as a poster and not as a collage from what i could make out?

MM

Hmmm, yeah, it looks like mostly McNiven stuff, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a bunch of those pictures (Mac and Judd, Cloak, Nico, and big guy in the back) somewhere else before.

Maybe McNiven isn't very original in his artwork? I dunno...

SPOILERS ABOUT AVENGERS#16
    SPOILERS
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=6316
    It's the "Collective" that Alpha is facing, after it has crashed to earth. It being the combined energy/powers of all the de-powered mutants...It looks like AF are in big trouble. Another idea...what if the Collective can drain powers/energy...leaving AF powerless? That could translate to it being AF's last battle...sort of?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Yeah, except none of them really have powers. Mac and Heather have suits, Major just has his horse, both Pucks are just tough, and Shaman's really more knowledge-based.

Yep after reading that it does not sit well with me.