Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: in their final battle!

Default in their final battle!

NEW AVENGERS #16
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    THE COLLECTIVE: Prologue
    A very special prologue issue introduces the biggest NEW AVENGERS arc yet! After the horrifying events of House of M the planet Earth has changed beyond description... and thus the Collective is born. That’s right! Its a brand new Marvel threat for the brand new Avengers. Plus, this issue Guest Stars Alpha Flight... in their final battle!!
    32 PGS./RATED A ...$2.50

----

I'm hoping this is just press release hyperbole. Still, Alpha appearing in Marvel's top book (and hopefully not being killed off) is a pretty high profile apperance

WHAT???!!!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

just read that, was about to post.

wtf!!!

i knew bendis had boards somewhere, i found them, and also a thread defending af.

chime in please:

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ad.php?t=42924

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i knew bendis had boards somewhere, i found them, and also a thread defending af.

chime in please:

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ad.php?t=42924
    Interesting, but could someone correct them as t's not Nathan Jeffries but Madison Jeffries and it's not Jean-Marie, but Jeanne-Marie (As I like to remember everyone Jean-Marie is a man's name, which could be a cool name for another persona )

I just got the attitude wait and see. And maybe Bendis will only kill the duplicates made by Lobdell mess, no?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default The Plodex duplicates? Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    ...Interesting, but could someone correct them as t's not Nathan Jeffries but Madison Jeffries and it's not Jean-Marie, but Jeanne-Marie (As I like to remember everyone Jean-Marie is a man's name, which could be a cool name for another persona )

I just got the attitude wait and see. And maybe Bendis will only kill the duplicates made by Lobdell mess, no?
    I like both of these ideas, even though I'm not keen on killing in general. If it helps clean things up and it's done well, okay.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

OH GOD NO!

This totally means I'll have to pick up a Bendis book. . . *shudder*

don't we (and by we i mean ben or phil) have any inside sources over at marvel to kinda confirm what may be going on?

beuler?

beuler?

F Bendis, if they kill ALpha FLight I will be pissed

Kalm down, kalm down. Look, if Marvel were going to **** Alpha of completely, I doubt the announcement would be tied up in half a sentence. This team have over 25 years of history, close ties to Marvels breadwinner, have gone toe to toe with some of Marvels biggest hitters and taken part in some the 616's biggest events. Killing of a team with the limited respect Alpha would seem to have from Marvel writers and other fans would still have a bigger announcement.

Also can you imagine the uproar on the net and other media if Marvel totally got shot of their only Canadian super team?

I don't know what Marvel are going to do, I'm not sure they do a lot of the time, but I am willing to withhold trial, verdict and punishment until I know what the actual crime is.

Edited for effect

Plus you also have this (taken from Puck thread)
    Alonso wanted Long to put his own unique "finger print" on a Marvel character. Long had been a fan of "Alpha Flight" in the '80s so one of the characters he was interested in was Puck. It was decided an "X-Men Unlimited" story would be the best way to gauge reaction to Long's new take on the character.

Plus Thanks MistressMerr

Then again, given that they are trying to streamline the MU (House of M), then killing of a superfluous team like Alpha have become wouldn't be beyond any stretch of the imagination.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hopefully it will be Scott Lobdell's AF and NOT John Byrne's. I wonder if this means something is on the horizon for AF if Bendis is using them?

MM

And what a final battle it will be. The legion of Alphans striding unerringly forward into the face of adversity. Mac and his many facsimmilies leading squadrons of Qwrlln singing in broken english 'We'll follow the old man where ever he wants to go'. Shaman riding an Earthmover (make of that what you will) followed by Talisman on Ritalin. The kids from Hull House being led into battle by the veterans of First Flight (sans Wolverine who is doing a book signing in forty different cities similtaneously). The Alpha dead, taking up half the battlefield. Mantlo's Alphans in unison with Simon Furmans out to prove a point, humming 'We almost made it'. Lobdells vol 3 Alphans walking alone, because no self respecting Alphan, or Alpha wannabee wants to be even remotely associated with them. Then the real Alpha, the Alpha modelled on Byrnes original conception, the one we all long for, proud and straight backed (no way was I gonna say erect) out to make a difference.

The whole ****ing lot get taken out by a kid with a weapon made from Lego and a kitchen whisk, from a recipe he saw on Blue Peter. Except for Puck, staggering forward, pissed as a parrot, running headlong into Galactus's big toe, slurring the words "I love yoush big guy" as he gets squished underfoot.

Can't Wait
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I don't know what to make of this. My first instinct is hopeful, but I see 4 possibilities:

1) AF fights the Collective and gets decimated, no survivors - not a chance this one is right

2) AF fights and gets clobbered, survivors join the new David (Or who is doing it??) team book. - Possible

3) AF loses to the Collective, some die, a new AF book rises from the ashes! - now that would be OK

4) AF fights the Collective, loses, disbands for the 7th time, pointless all around. - I hope not!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Yay! Another Alpha Flight appearance! I can't wait to add it to my website!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Yay! Another Alpha Flight appearance! I can't wait to add it to my website!

Love,
    rplass
    Did you read my pm I sent you?