Thread: Mac question

Default Mac question

Does Mac still have his computer like mind? I don't remember if he does or not.

I'd take it as read that he still has the Borg implants, but they are controlled by Macs personna now so he has a less mechanical manner.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I'd take it as read that he still has the Borg implants, but they are controlled by Macs personna now so he has a less mechanical manner.
    See wasn't sure if the Master erased that from him. That way is plausible

You could have a point there. Although I'm sure theirs a pic of Mac in vol 2, he's lying in the snow just as Sas finds him, I'm think he still has the implants.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Considering when the young Mac clone was explaining how he had been "de-aged" the reasoning was to get rid of all the alien technology in his body. So there must have still been the tech in him at that point, so the Master didn't get rid of it.

Ben

I didn't mean eliminate the entire cyborgnetic components, just wanted to know if he still had a computer like mind. He really hasn't shown it again, and when he got his emotions back I just wasn't sure. I'm postivie he still has forms of alien technology still in him, but does he have the mind?

Is he even really Mac? I mean there was that whole Vol 2 flashback story with Wolverine stabbing him and the Dept H people making him sign something so they could clone him a new body, then in the AF series(issue 12)he was blown up by his suit, sent across space and time, mucked around physically by the Qwrrln(sp?) and then mucked around even more by the Master, then he was cloned by Dept H more(making the younger Mac clone) and then dumped in the arctic....Is Mac even really Mac anymore?

That is the question I'd like answered. Imagine if the answer was no(it's pretty freaky to think about)...who and what is he now?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Is he even really Mac? I mean there was that whole Vol 2 flashback story with Wolverine stabbing him and the Dept H people making him sign something so they could clone him a new body, then in the AF series(issue 12)he was blown up by his suit, sent across space and time, mucked around physically by the Qwrrln(sp?) and then mucked around even more by the Master, then he was cloned by Dept H more(making the younger Mac clone) and then dumped in the arctic....Is Mac even really Mac anymore?

That is the question I'd like answered. Imagine if the answer was no(it's pretty freaky to think about)...who and what is he now?

Dana
    You're right, Dana. that'd be something worth investigating. we've never had any REAL explaination - from a credible sourse - that the Mac who returned was the REAL Mac...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Technically...the way it was written by Seagal, even Byrne's Mac is suspect(since Mac's "death" by Wolverine's claws was many years ago, before AF was truly finished in it's creation). I hate retcons like that.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default What's gonna happen to AF now?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Technically...the way it was written by Seagal, even Byrne's Mac is suspect (since Mac's "death" by Wolverine's claws was many years ago, before AF was truly finished in it's creation). I hate retcons like that.

Dana
    This is one of the few ret-cons that fit (to me). It connects to James remembering how quick Wolverine is in UXM# 109. The idea of multiple clones, particularly of James and Cody, is plausible. At least I can suspend disbelief in favor of the idea. Yeah, yeah it dove-tails into what I would like to do with the team, but I read the post/blurb for the upcoming New Avengers that's going to have AF in it, and none of us may have a chance to do anything with them!

Hope this isn't the absolute end of AF.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.