Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snowbird Bust!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The Mac came today. It's the shiny, metallic version, and I'm really impressed. It's a great bust. I'm looking at it now, it's next to my first Sasquatch on this tower; but I'll have to put them somewhere else when the collection builds up.

I had one of my best friends around when I got it, but he lives in Queensland, so I almost never see him.
    That's irrelevant, but it's also kinda cool.

- Le Messor
    "Elliptic paraboloids for sale."

I got my Birdy(428 of 2500) this weekend for my Birthday. She's really beautifully done. It's with my Guard...Vindicator(1114 of 2000) and my fuzzy Squatch(13 of 2500). The one with Arms. Sasquatch with the claws. Whatever....!
    Haven't landed the other Squatch yet and still have seen no sign of the second Birdy having been solicited yet. aven't seen the Heather Bust yet either.

I think this (the statues) is the one place where the Alpha Flight characters get treated with any real respect.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Haven't landed the other Squatch yet and still have seen no sign of the second Birdy having been solicited yet.
    I think the 2nd Sas one is the second Snowbird(Narya in Sasquatch form) one if I remember correctly.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I think the 2nd Sas one is the second Snowbird(Narya in Sasquatch form) one if I remember correctly.
    Nope; the 2nd Sas (which comes in both orange and white forms, my white is theoretically on its way) -is- called Snowbird, and is the Bowen version. But we've also seen pictures of the sculpt for the Bowen Snowbird.

I've now got:
    The Bowen Vindicator (177 of 2,000)
    The Diamond Sasquatch (331 of 2,500)
    The Diamond Snowbird (206 of 2,500)

The last, I got Thursday. Yay!
    She looks so much cooler in person than her pictures! And, I've made her eyes accurate--blacked the whites. It's the only modification I plan to make on these, ever, but I couldn't have the all-white eyes.

- Le Messor
    "Enough research will tend to support your theory."

[quote="Le Messor"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Nope; the 2nd Sas (which comes in both orange and white forms, my white is theoretically on its way) -is- called Snowbird, and is the Bowen version. But we've also seen pictures of the sculpt for the Bowen Snowbird.

<snip>
    For my own sanity. I am misquoted here. I believe that is Phil's quote.

nitpickin' Johnny Canuck

Images

For my own sanity. I am misquoted here. I believe that is Phil's quote.
    nitpickin' Johnny Canuck
    Apple-logies; fixed.

To be fair, I credited it to both of you.

- Le Messor
    "Equal bytes for women."

Images

Okay, I've just found the Bowen Snowbird pics. They're on page 2 of this thread. Not far above the Bowen White Sas pic. See what happens when I'm not paying attention?

The other one also looks really cool; I originally thought cooler than this one, but now I'm not so sure.

Also, I've just noticed a slight remodel. The one in the picture, her right hand's higher than the real one. (Um. Please, nobody take that as in any way a complaint! It's just a notice-ness.) Not to mention the compositing trimmed off her fingers. Ugh. I hope she can shape-shift them back...

- Mik
    "Eschew dialect, irregardless."

Images

Default RIP Snowbird

she fell...

Snowbird fell.
    From the top shelf of my bookcase, to the wooden floor.

Her fingers are glued back on, and the points of her headdress, and that bit of her cape, but it's not the same...

- Le Messor
    "Even a poor tailor is entitled to some happiness!"

The Bowen Snowbird is solicited in the latest Previews and is available in July.

http://www.bowendesigns.com/sculptur...?id=269&type=m

I definitely plan to order this one! It's also availible on eBay as a pre-order.

Images

This has been an amazing Alpha collectibles week for me.

I went to Target (pronounced Tah-jhé) today, and saw three Legends: Apocalypse figures, all variants. (Bishop, Wolverine, and Iron Fist). I was really upset they didn't have the white Sasquatch variant.
    Then I looked up, to the left, and they did! And now, I do!

My broken Snowbird got replaced; my original was #206. My new one is #12.

And, I got the Vindicator II bust! #204. I'm tempted to break it to see if my replacement is #10. Apparently, it hasn't occured to me to get another without breaking the first.

- Le Messor
    "Are you ready to get down, you funky party weasel?"
    - Xander

Wow, that's amazing that they replaced yer snowbird for you! I suppose it's no biggie for the store to send it back to Diamond and say it arrived that way. I still have to get my Diamond Snowbird, Bowen Sasquatch, Orange Sas legends figure, and the new Bowen snowbird bust. I can't even think about getting any of them untill my summer work starts. I got my Vindi figure, and really shouldn't have spent the money. shhhh don't tell the bank

Ben

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Wow, that's amazing that they replaced yer snowbird for you!
    I bought it again. *sigh*

(Which is why it's so crazy that I feel the need to damage my Vindicator before I get a new one!)

All I'm missing now is the Bowen Snowbird (on order, not released yet) (technically, the Bowen Sasquatch, too; that should be on its way from ebay).

Ooh, PS: I just saw the new Bowen Snowbird linked to above. Thanks, Phil! It looks amazing!

And, they got the eyes right! I won't have to modify it, as I did the other.

- Le Messor
    "I bent my wookie!"
    - Ralph Wiggum

I just received my second Snowbird bust today! (The Bowen model, that is.) It's #1348 of 2000. Needless to say, it's beautiful, and I've placed it on the other side of my night table, right across from her twin sister, the other Snowbird model.

If I had only one (tiny) complaint, I'd say that the Bowen Birdie's face is painted a little too dark, with a heavy pinkish-red complexion. (It looks as if Birdie has a bit of a sunburn!) Otherwise, a lovely and graceful statue.

Have any of the rest of you who ordered it received her yet?

I got mine in about a week ago. I also thought she was a shade dark and red, but she is a beautiful statue. I still need the Sasquatch transformation and Vindicator(Mac).