Thread: Wish Me Luck!

Default Wish Me Luck!

So tomorrow (Friday) I go under the knife! Having surgery on my nose. I'm pretty freaked out about it, as surgery scares the living daylights outta me! I'm having it straitened so that I can breathe through it properly. They are breaking it, setting it, carving the inside out a bit, and re-scupting some cartilage. Not looking forward to this! So I'll be back in a couple days, you folks be good while I'm out of it.

Ben

Good surgery to you, Ben and God bless.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Let us know how everything turns out, as soon as you can, Ben.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Breathings overated, maintain your rugged looks, I say.

Good luck fella.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hope they don't miss. Of course, a nose is pretty hard to miss, unless it's yours
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Luck!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Thanks all. It went well, I'm home now. My doctor was very pleased with how it went. It was the most complex job of it's type he's done, and too just over 3 hours. Yesterday the pain wasn't too bad, I had them take me off the heavy pain killers only 8 hours after the surgery. Last night however really sucked! Pain is worse now that it was just after I got out. I'm pretty sollen and puffy, but as far as I can tell (with a cast on my nose) it seems to be good and strait. We'll have a better idea how things are on Friday when I get the cast off and the stitches out.

Ben

Not so bad then when you consider you took a chainsaw to the face. Glad to hear it went ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Thanks all. It went well, I'm home now. My doctor was very pleased with how it went. It was the most complex job of it's type he's done, and too just over 3 hours.Ben
    Always have to make things difficult for people don'tcha?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Yesterday the pain wasn't too bad, I had them take me off the heavy pain killers only 8 hours after the surgery. Last night however really sucked! Pain is worse now that it was just after I got out. I'm pretty sollen and puffy, but as far as I can tell (with a cast on my nose) it seems to be good and strait. We'll have a better idea how things are on Friday when I get the cast off and the stitches out.
    Ben
    What happened to your healing factor?

Glad to hear everything went well, good luck with your recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    What happened to your healing factor?
    He cut it off with a chainsaw.....

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Not so bad then when you consider you took a chainsaw to the face. Glad to hear it went ok.
    Yeah...about that, Ben....You weren't attempting some sort of deviated septum self-repair I hope. Home surgery is never an option, people!

Dana

P.S. Glad to hear you're doing well, Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Yeah...about that, Ben....You weren't attempting some sort of deviated septum self-repair I hope. Home surgery is never an option, people!

Dana

P.S. Glad to hear you're doing well, Ben.
    I wasn't considering it, but when my nose doc saw what had happened to my eye, he said "too bad you didn't get you nose, it would have saved me a lot of trouble"

Ben

LOL!

Dana