Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alpha Flight Respect Thread

updates galore, don't know where to start

Well I found a Northstar feat of him running mach 18.7

I was just looking through UXM 108 (or was it 109?!?). Anyway, I don't know if you got this one or not, but Colossus hauls off and pounds Weapon Alpha after Wolvie is KO'd, and while he is slammed back by the force of the blow, he seems entirely unphased ... immediately rising to his feet, hefting what was left of the tree he slammed into, and telling Colossus that he was really in for it now.

Now, I attribute Weapon Alpha's ability to take a punch from Colossus, at that point in the Big C's developement, to Petey's softhearted ways. Afterall, Box II just creamed Weapon Alpha, and Box two didn't approach Colossus level of strength or durability. The main dif was that Jaxon wanted to cream W.A. in the worst way, and Big C. was a big softie, scared of his own strength.

Anyway, something I also noticed; its not a feat, but in iss.113 Heather performs a diagnosis of her suits weapon systems. It lists a good half dozen offensive weapons! Now, maybe thats no big surprise to diehard fans, but based upon the old OHOTMU and the stats given in the Classic MSH rpg, I"d thought the suit only had a force-energy blast and the ability to create an energy vortex.

How strong was Box back in the day when he attacked Mac? was he 40 tons then or 85? [I think it was the 40]

Also yeah I added the weapon system scans from 113, it's on pg.11 under the header "Guardian II/Vindicator II vs. Mauler"

Anymore feats I should look up?

I do believe tht was the "40 ton" Box.

as for additional feats, hows about Sasq's landscapig exercise at the beginning of issue 20? That rock he's using to bulldoze looks like an easy 100+ ton rock ... using Victoria's Johnson St. Bridge counter-weights as a point of reference. Each weighs 300+ tons and are roughly the same size as that rock!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    I do believe tht was the "40 ton" Box.

as for additional feats, hows about Sasq's landscapig exercise at the beginning of issue 20? That rock he's using to bulldoze looks like an easy 100+ ton rock ... using Victoria's Johnson St. Bridge counter-weights as a point of reference. Each weighs 300+ tons and are roughly the same size as that rock!!!!
    Yeah I thought so

You talking about he makes the waterfall with the tree? yeah I added that already as well.

Lots more updates

Well if anyone cares, I added more entries to the respect thread.

Lots of updates made, go check them out

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    why does it say your banned?
    I'm not, I put that under my own name

Just added badass scans of Windshear.......

Windshear
    Alpha Flight #124-Wow even I underestimated Windshear, here he battles some monsters in an Infinity Crusade cross-over and this deals with his powers and his past. Great character, I hope he comes out of retirement. Uber powerful, and doesn't get respect.

Feats Shown:
    -Windshear uses explosive pressure punches causing alien armor, flesh and tissue to liquify
    -Windshear creates hard-air needles used as machine gun fire
    -Winshear alters the gases solidfying inside a respiratory system, causing blood to become glue
    -Windshear's hard air punch goes through the alien ripping him in half
    -Winshear makes a hard-air battling ram crushing one alien
    -Winshear makes a hard air shield to delfect the two aliens away
    -Winshear first manifesting his powers, turns the insides of his school bag which just had clothes to hit like it is filled with bricks
    -Windshear weighs down a pipe so the criminal can't lift it, but he holds it well
    -Windshear can make the air solid, heavy or poisonious
    -Windshar breaks the Goddess' hold over him.

1. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ight124-18.jpg
    2. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ight124-19.jpg
    3. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ight124-20.jpg
    4. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ight124-21.jpg
    5. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ight124-22.jpg

That's typical for both Marvel and DC, it seems...

Create powerful, interesting characters(who just happen to be Black, Native American, Asian, Latino, Gay, etc...) and they end up not knowing what to do with the character...so...That character ends up renamed(sometimes several times...i.e. Monica Rambeau-Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar), depowered, maimed, retired, lost in limbo, killed, etc...

Other sad examples of this horror...

*Thunderbird I, II and III(pick one)
    *Our own Windshear(shunted to limbo, brought back only to be retired, now he's apparently depowered...no respect for the character)
    *White Tiger I(years in limbo, brought back to be killed off)
    *Sunfire(in and out of limbo for years, he's bad then good, then bad...then his legs are cut off, he dies and now he's remade into one of Apocalypse's horsemen...the poor guy can't get a break...or be treated with respect, it seems).
    *Sunpyre(Sunfire's secret sister, shoved back into limbo after her first appearance, appears again, but then brutally murdered...now she's apparently alive again...or is it somebody else?)
    *Tempest of DC's 70s Doom Patrol(languishes in limbo for years, returns, but then retires, is then killed by one of his own team-mates)
    *El Aguila(was getting used to living in limbo, then brought back only to be depowered)

...And don't forget...

Northstar(need I give details?)

I'm sure there's more victims...

It's pathetic that they continue to do this to great characters.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Lots and lots of updates made to the thread