Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How do you think House of M will affect Alpha Flight....

Hey that's me!

Just to clarify, the mutant add-on happened before New Warriors. I'm not exactly sure when, but it must have happened by the time they guest-appeared in New Mutants #25, and definitely by the time The Mutant Misadventures of Cloak & Dagger hit stands, which was in 1988.
    New Warriors Continuity Conundrum - the only chronology page for Marvel's Heroes for Tomorrow!
    CG Creators - where are your favorite CrossGen creators now?

Welcome Corey and cheers. Thanks for nipping over. Just goes to show what I know.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

No problem! Glad to help out!
    New Warriors Continuity Conundrum - the only chronology page for Marvel's Heroes for Tomorrow!

But it's safe to agree that they are not just mutants in the sense that Cyclops and and Storm are mutants, with no other factor involved in their powers other than mutation?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I don't know, wasn't Cyclops a latent mutant until something traumatic triggered his mutant powers? Or was that someone else?

Regardless, they still fall in the homo mutatis family (or whatever it's called) and so are open to getting House of M'ed. But, I'm pretty sure they're safe what with the Runaways appearance and the planned movie.

IIRC, Cyclops suffered head trauma in the parachute drop with Alex. The only damage was to the part of his brain that controls his power, thus necessitating the visor. The development of the powers themselves is natural mutation without outside factors.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

All mutants who haven't developped their powers (usually before they hit puberty) are 'latent'. All that means is their powers haven't surfaced yet. For example, until she tried to throw herself off the roof, Aurora was a latent mutant. When she did, her powers chose then to manifest.

In some cases, certain things can cause a mutant's powers to manifest themselves early - such as the drugs for Cloak and Dagger, or expermentations Dr. Farouk did to Havok (he was nearly 20 when his powers were first manifested), or double-effect of the cosmic rays had on Franklin Richards (His parents not being true mutants, the rays mutated them, thus he was a mutant, but the mutation went wrong, thus his powers emerged YEARS earlier).
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Havok! That's who I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    Glad to be of service
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Glad to be of service
    Glad to be serviced! Oh wait. That's not right.

Over at Newsarama they have some pages from 'X-Men The 198 Files ', tells us one thing.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

That's actually The Pulse, not Newsarama. But still cool to get a glimpse.

What does the side stuff mean such as severe, significant, etc.?

Probably their general power-level. The format of the book seems to be that we're looking at government files accessed by Valerie Cooper. So, it's probably how much of a risk to the general populace the mutant would be if they went on a murdering spree or something drastic.

That's my theory, anyway.

Probably their general power-level. The format of the book seems to be that we're looking at government files accessed by Valerie Cooper. So, it's probably how much of a risk to the general populace the mutant would be if they went on a murdering spree or something drastic.

That's my theory, anyway.
    It's possible, but Avalanche is severe? Angel [High], Hmmm....

Also they didn't mention Aurora other abilities such as the flashbang, healing, etc.