Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How do you think House of M will affect Alpha Flight....

Windshear appeared in Thunderbolts #43

Any theory on how "hard air" sculptures are actually feasible would be appreciated?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyridona
    I'm slightly worried. I saw they included Sassy as apart of the defense forces, I think, in House of M #6. He's NOT a mutant and even if the body he's in isn't 'his', the person he inherited from wasn't a mutant as well.
    Maybe he's pulling a Spidey and making people believe he is a mutant to escape prejudice.... Or maybe Brian Micheal Bendis is just a tad ignorant when it comes to AF members. Wait, Bendis ignorant? ....Naw!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs

Any theory on how "hard air" sculptures are actually feasible would be appreciated?
    C'mon Del... it's Fabien Nicieza, who absolutely loves to play the game "if I take this character's powers to the logical extreme, what could they do?"

So with Windshear, it's easy. Go from "creating hard air" to "creating hard air in specific shapes".

From there move on to "creating permanent hard air objects" and you're done.

(The fact that Colin apparently worked out a lighting scheme that renders the objects visible doesn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK

C'mon Del... it's Fabien Nicieza, who absolutely loves to play the game "if I take this character's powers to the logical extreme, what could they do?"

So with Windshear, it's easy. Go from "creating hard air" to "creating hard air in specific shapes".

From there move on to "creating permanent hard air objects" and you're done.

(The fact that Colin apparently worked out a lighting scheme that renders the objects visible doesn't hurt.
    Hiya Dwayne, so reading between the lines, suspend believe Gotcha A definition of 'hard air' would help as well, I guess
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

A definition of 'hard air' would help as well, I guess
    I think that's the same stuff in one of those male prosthetic pump thingies. How you make a sculpture out of it though is beyond me.

*sigh* I need to stop getting into new fandoms, because something like this happens.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/showco...4&format=comic

Apparently, House of M will screw around with Alpha Flight.

Cloak and Dagger are not true mutants, due to the drug that activated their powers, and they are still powered as of current issues of Runaways.

Icarus, that Archangel rip off that he is, still had powers.
    Dani Moonstar has lost her powers.

White Queen still has hers.

Is the loss of some of Alpha's superflous minor members a big deal? It would actually help clarify the waters if Persuasion, Diamond Lil, Feedback, Goblyn, WildChild, Manikin, and all the V2/V3 mutants were depowered? I say keep Pathway, because her teleportation powers could be useful to the team.

Rogue had too much put into her recently for her to lose her powers.
    Madison Jeffries seems to be the root of the sentinels now, so he will probably stay powered.

When/what issue did Pete Wisdom get resurrected from his death in X-Force? More importantly, why?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Kozzi, it was decided a while back that Cloak & Dagger were latent mutants and that's why they survived the drug experimentation while others died. New Warriors fans (myself amongst them) laughed at the first hint of this, but it is now written into Marvel lore. This has of course led to less dilligent writers explaining their powers as mutations with no mention of Mantlo's origins of the pair.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Is the loss of some of Alpha's superflous minor members a big deal? It would actually help clarify the waters if Persuasion, Diamond Lil, Feedback, Goblyn, WildChild, Manikin, and all the V2/V3 mutants were depowered? I say keep Pathway, because her teleportation powers could be useful to the team.
    While I agree with SOME of what you said, I can think of a FEW of these former members who should be spared - and brought into the spotlight again.

[quoteRogue had too much put into her recently for her to lose her powers.[/quote]

Right now, Rogue has more powers than most people have socks, so what if she's missing a few?

When/what issue did Pete Wisdom get resurrected from his death in X-Force? More importantly, why?
    Actually, Pete didn't die, he faked his death - tho I don't know why, except that it had something to do with X-Force. What I wanna know is when the hell he got his eye back!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Kozzi, it was decided a while back that Cloak & Dagger were latent mutants and that's why they survived the drug experimentation while others died. New Warriors fans (myself amongst them) laughed at the first hint of this, but it is now written into Marvel lore. This has of course led to less dilligent writers explaining their powers as mutations with no mention of Mantlo's origins of the pair.
    Wha...huh? Cloak and Dagger were latent mutants back when they had their own series...long before the New Warriors came along.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I remember Cloak & Dagger's origin and totally agree with your point, Del. LATENT mutants who got their power BECAUSE OF the drug...thus not actually mutants per se...they were in their late teens when they got their powers. Would they have gained powers without the drug?

By expansion, why do others die by cosmic or gamma rays when the FF and Bruce Banner gained powers...latent mutancy, a dormant X-Factor in their genes.

To put an Alpha spin on that thought, why was Heather NOT transformed or powered by the terrigen mists? She has NO latent mutancy in her genes.

Allan, my point with Rogue is just that she seems to be a very active character in Marvel's stable, considering her recent acquisition of Sunfire's powers, thus it's no shock that her powers survived M-Day. Iceman seems to be the token original/core X-Man who lost his powers. Realistically, no one's done anything with him since Lobdell did ten or more years ago. I would not, however, be surprised if Storm returns depowered...people love to retell stories rather than coming up with new ones.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Actually, Pete didn't die, he faked his death - tho I don't know why, except that it had something to do with X-Force. What I wanna know is when the hell he got his eye back!
    Warren Ellis, who created Wisdom, was ticked they said that Pete lost an eye during the Reagan adminstration (I think on that one) when Pete had both eyes in Excal. So, Ellis retconned Pete's 'missing' eye when he began to write for X-Force, by having Pete admit he wore the eye patch to get the chicks. Because chicks dig the eye patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyridona
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Warren Ellis, who created Wisdom, was ticked they said that Pete lost an eye during the Reagan adminstration (I think on that one) when Pete had both eyes in Excal. So, Ellis retconned Pete's 'missing' eye when he began to write for X-Force, by having Pete admit he wore the eye patch to get the chicks. Because chicks dig the eye patch.
    *GROAN!!* Yeah, that sounds like something Ellis would do...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

It's why I adore Ellis, so much.

... except with his take on Ultimate Dr. Doom. But that's a different subject all together. :P

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Wha...huh? Cloak and Dagger were latent mutants back when they had their own series...long before the New Warriors came along.

Dana
    Wasn't to sure on the Mutant/Latent Mutant aspect of Cloak and Dagger, so asked a man who did, he came back with
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    When they first appeared, it was unclear just what exactly they were, although there were hints. But their first mini-series revealed their original origin: two runaways from opposite sides of the cultural tracks meet in New York City and are then kidnapped by a gang to use in experimenting a new street drug. Somehow, all the other kidnapped children die except for the two of them. They find themselves transformed with strange powers. They escape, take on the names Cloak & Dagger, and seek out revenge on the ganglord that created them.

A few years later, it was revealed that they had mutant genes which reacted to the drugs, thus giving them their powers. Whether this was the intent of Bill Mantlo, who created Cloak & Dagger, is unknown. But it does explain how all of the other kidnapped children died from the experimental drug except them.

To cash in on the mutant craze of the late 80s and early 90s, their third series was called The Mutant Misadventures of Cloak & Dagger (although, this was openly derided even by the editors in the letters page, claiming the title came from marketing). By the 14th issue, the long title was dropped in favor of what everyone was calling it anyway, simply Cloak & Dagger.

At the end of this third series, another post script was added to their origin. It turns out D'Spayre had a hand in their creation, mystically altering who got which powers. Some speculate that D'Spayre was lying and/or toying with Cloak & Dagger, and this wasn't the case. But it's never been proven wrong.

Flank has Cloak & Dagger's story down better than I, but I don't think he comes to this board. He'd correct anything I've gotten wrong, but I think that's generally right.
    I'm sure that the Latent Mutant idea didn't come about until mid way through the first New Warriors series, but I could be wrong.

Corey can be found at New Warriors Forum and here
    Del