Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you think House of M will affect Alpha Flight....

Feh...Don't worry about 'Squatch, Spy(BTW...welcome to Alpha Waves!)...I don't believe even Joke Quesada is THAT dim to think that Walter is a mutant...but then again...you never know.

Dana [-o< [-o<
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Off on another tangent...

My collection is incomplete. Has Aurora been restored to her full mutanthood? When Walter changed her physiology in AFV1# 17, I thought it made her safe from mutant-detection. I always thought she had become a quasi-mutant, if there is such a thing.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I'm not 100% sure Garry, but I think that undetectability has since worn off(and her powers have altered several times since then), she was found and kidnapped by the Weapon X program and they mutated her further, giving her the ability to speed up other's metabolisms.....or something like that(It was never very clear what her new abilities actually did).

Dana

Koenig; Thank you for the welcome!

It's not so much Quesada I'm worried about but rather writers and minor editors who flub all the time as well as some fans.

I think there's been a lot of "sky is falling" talk about this, so I'll wait and see what happens before I comment. Even the number of mutants left over is suspect at this point so it's not worth getting worked up about.

I think it could open up some stories though. For example, while Quicksilver's losing his powers they're making a mini-series out of it. It's not just "let's sweep him under the rug to get rid of him." When's the last time Quicksilver, powered or no, has been this high profile?

I really think this will depend on how the writers handle it, and I doubt they're going to spell out all the remaining mutants to the readers right away anyways. That list is likely internal to Marvel and will be revealed slowly as story allows.

Also, since they're just being depowered and not killed the door's never closed. Think about it... "the depowered and distraught Madison Jefferies makes a deal with Somon the Artificer to regain his abilities, but at what cost!" Etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyridona
    Koenig; Thank you for the welcome!

It's not so much Quesada I'm worried about but rather writers and minor editors who flub all the time as well as some fans.
    I wouldn't be worried about fans, Spy...they really have very little say in what happens to characters.

Dana

Default Aftermath of HoM

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

DEPOWERED
    Angel
    Beak
    Blob
    Chamber
    Iceman
    Jubilee
    Magneto
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Stacy X
    Tag
    Wind Dancer

POWERED
    Beast
    Bishop
    Bohusk, Tito
    Cable
    Cannonball
    Colossus
    Cyclops
    Dazzler
    Dust
    Elixir
    Empath
    Erg
    Firestar
    Forge
    Frost, Emma
    Hellion
    Jazz
    Justice
    Lorelei
    M
    Magma
    Mammomax
    Marvel Girl
    Meltdown
    Mercury
    Mr. M
    Multiple Man
    Nightcrawler
    Nocturne
    Outlaw
    Pryde, Kitty
    Rockslide
    Sage
    Siryn
    Strong Guy
    Surge
    Toad
    Warpath
    Wisdom, Peter
    Wolfsbane
    Wolverine
    X-23

UNCONFIRMED/UNKNOWN
    Archangel
    Aurora
    Big Bertha
    Bruiser
    Callisto
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Domino
    Doorman
    Flatman
    Gambit
    Havok
    Husk
    Icarus
    Mirage
    Mister Immortal
    Mystique
    Northstar
    Polaris
    Prodigy
    Professor X
    Psylocke
    Richards, Franklin
    Rictor
    Rogue
    Silver Samurai
    Squirrel Girl
    Stepford Cuckoos
    Storm
    Sunfire
    Sunspot
    Wallflower
    Wither

This list was compiled by the staff at www.x-mencomics.com/xfan/

MM

Default Re: Aftermath of HoM

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

DEPOWERED
    Angel
    Beak
    Blob
    Chamber
    Iceman
    Jubilee
    Magneto
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Stacy X
    Tag
    Wind Dancer

POWERED
    Beast
    Bishop
    Bohusk, Tito
    Cable
    Cannonball
    Colossus
    Cyclops
    Dazzler
    Dust
    Elixir
    Empath
    Erg
    Firestar
    Forge
    Frost, Emma
    Hellion
    Jazz
    Justice
    Lorelei
    M
    Magma
    Mammomax
    Marvel Girl
    Meltdown
    Mercury
    Mr. M
    Multiple Man
    Nightcrawler
    Nocturne
    Outlaw
    Pryde, Kitty
    Rockslide
    Sage
    Siryn
    Strong Guy
    Surge
    Toad
    Warpath
    Wisdom, Peter
    Wolfsbane
    Wolverine
    X-23

UNCONFIRMED/UNKNOWN
    Archangel
    Aurora
    Big Bertha
    Bruiser
    Callisto
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Domino
    Doorman
    Flatman
    Gambit
    Havok
    Husk
    Icarus
    Mirage
    Mister Immortal
    Mystique
    Northstar
    Polaris
    Prodigy
    Professor X
    Psylocke
    Richards, Franklin
    Rictor
    Rogue
    Silver Samurai
    Squirrel Girl
    Stepford Cuckoos
    Storm
    Sunfire
    Sunspot
    Wallflower
    Wither

This list was compiled by the staff at www.x-mencomics.com/xfan/

MM
    Hmmmmm....There are quite a few mutants left off those lists(Banshee, Sabra, Topaz, etc...)...

So Blob, Iceman, Magneto, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver lose their powers(characters who've been around for about 40 years), but Mammomax(who's name sounds like it means "big breasts"), Tito Bohusk(whoever the heck that is???) and possible Squirrel Girl get to keep theirs? Quesada(and Claremont) is such a....I'm not going to say it. I'm going to be nice and say nothing.

Dana

P.S. It's odd that Wanda de-powered all of the surviving original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants members, but not Toad. I wonder why she left him powered?

well the whole thing was left very open ended really. I would be supprized to see this all last more than a year. They'll get a few decent "learning to live without thier powers" stories, and it will all be restored is my guess.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    well the whole thing was left very open ended really. I would be supprized to see this all last more than a year. They'll get a few decent "learning to live without thier powers" stories, and it will all be restored is my guess.

Ben
    I totally agree with that.

Default Re: Aftermath of HoM

Wait, wait, wait: help me on this one.... how is it that Angel is in the depowered list, yet Archangel (who's been going by Angel again recently - last I heard anyhow) is still powered. Unless there's another Angel that I'm not thinking of, that would be conflicting story...

Also, the only 'Erg' from this list that I know is the old Morlock, but he's dead! been dead since the 'Fall of the Mutants' storyline waaaaaay back in the mid 80's.

I'm confused (more than usual)...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Angel is Angel Salvadore or something like that, Beak's girlfriend.

So what about Windshear, Box, Feedback, Diamond Lil. etc?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Oh right, the fairy-winged one from Morrison's run (God, I dispised his run. given the option of him or Austin, I'll take Austin)

Box and Diamond Lil MIGHT survive, since they are still being use, but it's iffy. Feedback and Windshear haven't been around in, great Jiminy, about a decade, so I don't think too many ppl would be sorely missing them (unless, naturally, they are on this board). At the moment, I'd think Feedback would have more recognition than those two, and he's had a nearly twenty year hiatus between appearances!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Oh right, the fairy-winged one from Morrison's run (God, I dispised his run. given the option of him or Austin, I'll take Austin)

Box and Diamond Lil MIGHT survive, since they are still being use, but it's iffy. Feedback and Windshear haven't been around in, great Jiminy, about a decade, so I don't think too many ppl would be sorely missing them (unless, naturally, they are on this board). At the moment, I'd think Feedback would have more recognition than those two, and he's had a nearly twenty year hiatus between appearances!
    Windshear appeared(although he was retired from Super-heroing) in Thunderbolts pretty recently, didn't he?

Dana