Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How do you think House of M will affect Alpha Flight....

And the solits combined with current events lead me to strongly believe Polaris is another.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    If we go back to the original Byrne back-ups that explored Alpha's past, J-P's activities among the Separatists in Quebec did not seem as innocent or ignorant as they were later made out to be, so a role as a horseman would not be too far out of character, especially with his brainwashed mindstate.
    I realy had to think on this one, because for some reason, even though the notion is very quite possible, I find it hard to base the assumption that Northstar could be one of the new Horsemen based solely off that description (although his current mental instability does make him a lead candidate). Northstar may not have been the most noble in the past, but I always read it to be that, yes, he was a hard-core seperatist terrorist, but something reformed him (Byrne would have us believe Mac did it, but I don't buy that). I mean, if you want to base it off of past alone, then Banshee is as much a candidate as any, since his past was less than stellar in itself - ranked up there with Northstar. Hell, Wolverine and (from what little insight we've received on the matter) Puck have done MUCH worse than what Northstar had done in his brief terrorist career.

Now, I'm going to reiterate: yes, I DO believe Northstar would be more than fitting to be a Horseman based on his CURRENT state. But to say that it's not out of the question because of what he did in the past, that's insinuating that Jean-Paul was nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing - plotting for something like this since his inception in Department H all those years ago - something I just don't buy, based off his attitude and such.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

The solicit to X-Men #184 inidicates that there will be three new horseman (from the possibles posted online) and one old horseman, so it looks unlikely that it'll be JP now..

I wonder if they'll keep Ahab as the fourth Horseman? If not him...who?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

That would be interesting if they had a Canadian Horseman...
    If I Lose Learn
    If I Win Teach

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex
    That would be interesting if they had a Canadian Horseman...
    I agree it would be interesting, and welcome to the board.

Welcome Vortex! If you count Wolverine, there was a Canadian horseman

Ben

That is true...heh...Logan's definately Canadian...cept Marvel always makes it seem like Canada is some kinda hush project...they don't localize it...I mean publisize it as much...possibly due to area...maybe Alpha Flight is more known in Canada than the USA...not sure.
    If I Lose Learn
    If I Win Teach

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    The solicit to X-Men #184 inidicates that there will be three new horseman (from the possibles posted online) and one old horseman, so it looks unlikely that it'll be JP now..
    Actually, it was explicitly stated that none of the horsemen have ever been horsemen before, so JP's still got a chance.

I'd say Northstar stands a more than decent chance of ending up as a horseman.

If you look at what's been revealed as well as Joe Q's hints on JP's future in the Marvel universe, I wouldn't be at all shocked.

If that's the case...I wonder if they'll have more people that suddenly were taken away...Northstar being one...and Sunfire being the other...both bodies were mysteriously taken...lol.
    If I Lose Learn
    If I Win Teach

If that's the case...I wonder if they'll have more people that suddenly were taken away...Northstar being one...and Sunfire being the other...both bodies were mysteriously taken...lol.
    It wasn't so mysterious in Northstar's case....his body-snatchers were the Hand, who resurrected him and used him(as well as several other dead heroes and villains) as a superhuman assassin.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I just hope that, esp if Northstar does become a Horseman, he and Sunfire (both REALY good characters - ironically with AF connections) doesn't fall into the same catagory of the OTHER Horsemen.

Of the previous 9 Horsemen, only four have resurfaced (that I'm aware of):

- X-Factor 'saved' Warren after becoming the first Death
    - Warren, alongside Psylocke and Jubilee (plus a couple others) saved Wolverine after he became Death #3
    - After saving Wolverine, Warren helped out a mysteriously quatroplegic Abraham Kieros (War #1)
    - I'm not sure who saved him (tho I think Kitty was involved), but Caliban joined X-Force, first after he became Death #2, then later rejoined after becoming Pestilence #2, again, no idea how he survived.

That still leaves Plague (Pestilence #1), Autumn Rolfson (Famine #1), Deathbird (War #2), Ahab (Famine #2), and Eric the Red (Death #4*) unaccounted for.

(* Even though this appears in an alternate mental state described by Apocalypse in X-Men Unlimited, I can't explain as to how he exists in Apocalypse's mind, since, with the exception of one case, Eric the Red was always a form worn by others to entice some sort of action. Both Cyclops and Magneto have worn the Eric the Red armour. the Real Eric the Red, iirc, was killed after the X-Men were transported to the Shi'ar homeworld in their first confrontation with D'Ken.)

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    It wasn't so mysterious in Northstar's case....his body-snatchers were the Hand, who resurrected him and used him(as well as several other dead heroes and villains) as a superhuman assassin.

Dana
    ... later sent with Nick Fury's SHIELD after Wolverine 'saved' him. They still haven't explained why Nick would tell Kitty at the end of the story that his body was never recovered, and with Wolverine still gone quite loco after House of M, don't think we'll be seeing that resolved anytime too soone.

And after the events of Secret War Fury is now AWOL and no longer associated with S.H.I.E.L.D...