I'm not sure if this should be posted here, but it does concern AF...hey...I took a chance.

Spoilers....
So Joke Quesada has stated that the mutants of the Marvel Universe will be numbered at about 198(what a moronic and stupidly small number)...The other mutants that don't fit into that number will lose their powers...becoming normal humans(Jubilee and Chamber are two that have been named as possible de-powerees).

I certainly understand and applaud the need for a bit of pruning, but 198?
I imagine some of Alpha's mutants WILL lose their powers too(I doubt they matter that much to Marvel, in the grand X-Universe scheme)...Aurora? Northstar? Diamond Lil? Madison Jeffries? Flashback? Who else could be a target of the mutie-pruning.

If Marvel thinks there should be less mutants in their books....Maybe they should just cut back Wolverine's appearances in every Marvel book ...sheesh(and yes, D...here I am b****ing quite a bit ).

To me(IMHO)....A much more believable number would be approximately a million mutants WORLDWIDE....but one hundred and ninety eight mutants and that's it? Overkill, much?

Dana