Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Major Mapleleaf?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Major Mapleleaf?

  1. #1
    Captain Wow Alpha Flight
    -K-M-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,043

    Default Major Mapleleaf?

    This was in the gallery section for Major Mapleleaf. What issue is this? [Of course it's not in the AF Books, but it looks like the same art as New Warriors] and did he do anything?


  2. #2
    Alpha Flight
    Mokole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    It was to be the cover for Alpha Flight #7 but the cover was changed to Sasquatch in snowstorm. And yes, it's Skottie Young art, same as New Warriors. He just did the cover (thank heavens), not interior art. It was the story where AF members leave the Plodex ship and decide if they want to be a team; Zuzha and MML run into animated wax models of superheroes at the end, hence the pic.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

    Live it.

  3. #3
    Captain Wow Alpha Flight
    -K-M-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    It was to be the cover for Alpha Flight #7 but the cover was changed to Sasquatch in snowstorm. And yes, it's Skottie Young art, same as New Warriors. He just did the cover (thank heavens), not interior art. It was the story where AF members leave the Plodex ship and decide if they want to be a team; Zuzha and MML run into animated wax models of superheroes at the end, hence the pic.
    Oooooooh, I was wondering where that came from. I had no idea that was suppose to be #7 (vol.3)

    Thanks alot

    BTW, sidenote since Box is your favorite character what are some impressive feats of his? I'm trying to get scans of AF feats in the "scans" thread.

  4. #4
    Alpha Flight
    maniac mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    415

    Default

    I actually would have liked to have seen Scottie do the artwork for those two issues [AF vol. 3 #7 & 8]

    MM

  5. #5
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,696

    Default

    There was the time he single-handedly took out a Sentinel. AF v1. #... 40-something? 30-something? No, wait, 30 Something's been cancelled for years...

    - Le Messor
    "Do unto others before they undo you."

  6. #6
    Captain Wow Alpha Flight
    -K-M-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    There was the time he single-handedly took out a Sentinel. AF v1. #... 40-something? 30-something? No, wait, 30 Something's been cancelled for years...

    - Le Messor
    "Do unto others before they undo you."
    Oh that's right he did, but It might have been AF #43... damn I need scans of that.

  7. #7
    Alpha Flight
    Mokole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Well Box I like because of his transmutable powers. I actually wish they would have left him as Tieri did, a guy who can make robots, work from within them. Not a guy who makes jets, cannons, etc. He was originally supposed to just be able to make human-like robots that could operate alone, and phase into one to use it. That was just too cool.

    So beyond what has been said about beating Omega and the Sentinel he's had it pretty tough, most writers wrote him horribly. Although once his psyche made him grow the Box robot to enormous size. Offhand I don't recall any other amazing feats beyond making jets et al.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

    Live it.

  8. #8
    Alpha Flight

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Jaxon used, I think it was the second version of Box (enhanced by Jeffries but still remote controlled like Boch's original?) to beat the daylights out of Mac in issue 12.

    Now, I don't think that comparing one Alphan off against another is going to prove to anyone how tough Alpha Flight is, but it's gotta count for something.

    I always figured that Box-Jeffries had the potential to be the most powerful Alphan by a long shot. At least based upon his innate powers in combo with the Box specs.

    Isn't that why they made his powers only useable on Box while within Box? Becasue he would have been way too powerful otherwsie?

  9. #9
    Captain Wow Alpha Flight
    -K-M-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    Now here's my next question...anyone have scans of the above listed?

  10. #10
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Jaxon used, I think it was the second version of Box (enhanced by Jeffries but still remote controlled like Boch's original?) to beat the daylights out of Mac in issue 12.
    Nope, he used the first. Which is -why- Bochs hired Jeffries to modify the Box in the first place.

    - Le Messor
    "Why were you drunk the first place?"
    "I wasn't drunk in the first place. I was drunk in the last place."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •