Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Puck Appearance

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    [...In the AF Special, which is pretty good, something caused Smart Alec to have difficulty thinking. Maybe he froze up or maybe something else was going on? My guess is a combination of the two]
    My taker on Smart Alec was that no matter how smart he was, he thought he was even smarter...and thus better than the "roughnecks and brawlers" on his team. I think he just froze up. Being smart does not necessarily prepare you or lend you the capacity to deal with emotional issues. Pitched battle such as Alec found himself in would certainly qualify as an emotional issue. I think he froze, with no other conditions or variables...
    You're right. There's nothing to indicate anything other than Smart Alec just froze.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    1. This is Puck in his old AF costume. Could this then mean that this is the Puck from the 80s as opposed to the Puck in space? Or perhaps Marvel writers have decided to totally ignore Lobdell's run of vol 3 (could be a good thing>)
    Puck also mentions that he's got, "No team"... the exact dialogue is, "Me? I'm nothin'. No team, no job...no nothin'. People I used to consider my friends won't even acknowledge me."

It's not clear exactly WHEN this story takes place. If that's the 80s Puck from the time-displaced Alpha Flight from v3 that we saw barbecuing in the snow in issue #12 of v3, that means that he quit Alpha Flight between the end of v3 and this issue. Is it possible that this issue takes place BEFORE he joined Alpha Flight in issue #1 of v1? Could it be between v1 and v2, BEFORE he was recruited into Dept H. by the Epsilon Guards in issue #1 of v2? It has to be during some time when Alpha Flight was disbanded. Any guesses?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

See I wasn't sure if that took place after the events of New Avengers. I still havn't read that issue with Puck yet, so I can't give further insight.

Rumor has it that a promo poster for Marvel's next cross-over event called "Who's Side Are You On"(or something like that)....has Guardian(Mac) and Puck on it. Does this mean that the team doesn't die in New Avengers? Maybe they are being renamed Avengers North...or something?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Puck and Guardian are indeed on that! First people infact. Very cool

Ben

I have no idea what this epic is about, but at least we know 2 members survive. Still worried about the rest.

I wonder if Marvel realizes that life-altering events shouldn't happen every 8 months. "Whose Side are You On" likely refers to a SHIELD-based crossover in which new ground rules are applied and the story goes to who's going to apply the rules and who's going to be angry about it.

Just a guess.

Come on Alpha Flight in 2006!!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

From what I hear, you're pretty much right, just replace SHIELD with Illuminati.

Whose shoulders is Puck standing on in that poster?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

As far as the Puck X-Men Unlimited story goes....I liked it...
    SPOILERS
    it certainly didn't portray Puck as an alcoholic...I don't think you can do that in one issue(with no flashbacks). I have no idea where to place it in chronology...maybe(as somebody suggested) before Alpha Flight re-forms in issue#1 of Vol. 1?

Dana

P.S. Does anyone know who the villain/robot/whatever Wolverine had faced in the lead soty is? I couldn't figure out who or what it was supposed to be...maybe it wasn't supposed to matter?

The impression I got was that this took place pre-V.2. I mean in v.2 #1 he woke up in an alley, pretty down and out. This isn't too far off the mark from that. I'm really not fammilar with the whole "unlimited" thing, but I'm assuming it means outside of regular Marvel time line?

As for who did the number on Wolvie in the first half, I was assuming it was Sabretooth, but looking back now it says "one way trip in his case" meaning whoever it was didn't survive.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    The impression I got was that this took place pre-V.2. I mean in v.2 #1 he woke up in an alley, pretty down and out. This isn't too far off the mark from that. I'm really not fammilar with the whole "unlimited" thing, but I'm assuming it means outside of regular Marvel time line?
    meaning they don't have any connection to the regular Marvel universe? I don't think that's the case, at all...Heather wouldn't have had her baby otherwise...she had her in X-Men Unlimited. These are just X-Men solo stories/one shots for the most part....and they mostly have to do with the normal Marvel Universe X-Men characters.

My question is...whose name and number did Logan give to Eugene?...if he already knows the Hudsons(I'm guessing he does, since he has a Puck costume on)...it can't be them. Could it be the number for Prof. X/the X-Men? Why them? That doesn't make any sense...Alcoholics Annonymous, maybe? Maybe there's a boozy super-hero hotline? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    As for who did the number on Wolvie in the first half, I was assuming it was Sabretooth, but looking back now it says "one way trip in his case" meaning whoever it was didn't survive.

BenC
    Whatever/Whoever it was...it was big and metal...it's big metallic corpse was laying next to Wolverine through most of that story.

Dana

I had just figured that was some kinda tank-treaded vehicle remains from the battle. I guessed that there was info in the previous issue as to what happened, but dunno, as I didn't read it.

Ben

I'm worried it's in current continuity and the reason he has no team is because the Collective wiped AF out and no one replaced them.