Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Upcoming Puck Appearance

In the story is Puck portrayed as someone who has an alcohol problem or just a man drowning his sorrows as a one off?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

to me it came off more as a fella down on his luck, an on a bit of a tear. It could be seen as a man with an alcohol problem written by a man who doesn't know what an alcohol problem is actually like.

Ben

So hopefully he was just out on a mega piss up, feeling a bit down. He doesn't look to much of a piss head in that pic from New Avengers #16.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

If someone can find a scan of this 'metallic' guy that Wolverine supposedly fought, I'd like to have a look-see...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I'm worried it's in current continuity and the reason he has no team is because the Collective wiped AF out and no one replaced them.
    I doubt it's in continuity with New Avengers. Seems odd that it even could be.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I doubt it's in continuity with New Avengers. Seems odd that it even could be.
    I haven't seen anything of it except for a couple of advanced pics so I couldn't say one way or the other. However, if you've ever followed any of Wolverine's books, Marvel seems to feel they don't have to match all the various stories to any continuity even though all the books are out at the same time. Wolverine is in the Savage Land with the New Avengers; in Japan in his own title and in New York in X-men. Not to mention the numerous guest appearances he makes, the various one-shots and miniseries. Most of which is happening in the same continuity. That's why I think it could be possible this is as well.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Finally got X-Men Unlimited# 12, and no dumping from me. I liked both stories. Solid book.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Finally got X-Men Unlimited# 12, and no dumping from me. I liked both stories. Solid book.
    haha, same with me I just got it this week. Yeah it was not bad, but not anything special for me.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

In theory, it can't be before v1, since they'd never met at the time.

Of course, that's been retconned out; but I'm not sure Puck was somebody Wolverine would've cared about enough to pick up out of the bottle back then. Come to think of it, why is he now? I guess they've kinda developed a working relationship over the years; with Hemmingway, and Alpha, and that guest in Seagle's X-Men... forget I askt.

Unlimited, I'd say, is theoretically continuity, I believe, but it tends to get ignored. And to ignore (or foul up) old continuity: eg: early issue, a bunch of them are lost in a snow storm in the Arctic (? Antarctic?). Storm's there, and tries to control the -whole storm- instead of part of it (as she would've in Claremont's series), and fails (as she wouldn't in Claremont); they then get worried about her and disbelieve her Claremont line about "I'm immune to the weather". "What does that mean, when it rains, she doesn't get wet?"; when her line was "I don't feel extremes of temperature".

*sigh* rambling now...

- Le Messor
    From a text book:
    "Q: Which was domesticated first, the dog or the cat?
    A: The dog (...) Some say cats were domesticated in Egypt five thousand years ago. Others say they haven't been yet."

In a previous post on this thread, I mused about WHEN this issue takes place. The recently released OHOTMU: A-Z Update confirms that it takes place between the disbanding of Alpha Flight in vol. 1 #130 and Puck's recruitment into the new vol. 2 Alpha Flight.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com