Thread: Suprise, surprise

Default Suprise, surprise

Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Eugene in another upcoming title? bwahaha that's awesome....*thinks about it* Well that's bad, I guess he will die in this same issue at the rate they are going.

So I guess Aurora is for sure dead from the last issue.

I'm glad that Puck's included in the, uh, 2nd future version of the X-Men in this, uh, continuity. I'm a little surprised, though, because he's not a mutant... I'm sure someone will come up with certian examples of non-mutant members of the X-Men from over the years.

Check out the last panel of dialogue where Puck refers to the very fortunate events of 1994 when the New York Rangers won the Stanley Cup! Yay! (I live in this area of NYC) EXCEPT - "Madison Square" is a park bounded by Madison and 5th Avenues from 23rd St up to 26th St. The Rangers don't play there. The Rangers play at a similarly named indoor arena/performance space, "Madison Square Garden", which is between 31st and 33rd Streets, between 7th and 8th Avenues. Madison Square Garden is also the home of the New York Knicks, recently housed the GOP convention in 2004 (the Dems were here in 1992) and is actually closer to Herald Square than Madison Square.

The Garden opened in 1879 at Fifth Avenue and 23rd Street, an abandoned railroad shed converted into a sports arena. "Grimy, drafty, combustible," Harper's Weekly wrote.

The funky first Garden gave way in 1890 to a $3 million edifice designed by renowned architect and womanizer Stanford White. His twin pursuits collided in the Garden's rooftop restaurant, where an ex-girlfriend's jealous husband shot him to death in 1906.

The Garden moved uptown in December 1925, relocating to 50th Street and Eighth Avenue. The current Garden debuted 17 blocks south in 1968, rising over Penn Station.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    I'm glad that Puck's included in the, uh, 2nd future version of the X-Men in this, uh, continuity. I'm a little surprised, though, because he's not a mutant... I'm sure someone will come up with certian examples of non-mutant members of the X-Men from over the years.
    Warlock, Longshot, and the Hugger...um...Juggernaut come to mind. I don't think Warbird is a mutant either; she's an alien hyrbid, right?. I think Wolvie can't afford do be picky about who he's teamed up with at this point. That's how many teams he's had shot out from under him now?

Suzene

Lady Deathstrike is a non-mutant too...you're right Suzene...Wolvie can't be too picky. He's running out of allies.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Well I picked up Weapon X: Days of Future now #4

spoiler:

-Diamond Lil is alive and part of Excelsior
    -Chamber blew of his head
    -Angel is still alive
    -Wolverine is married to Warbird
    -Magneto returns
    -Sauron is so fat he can't even fly anymore.
    -Malcom shoots Sauron in the back of the head
    -Avengers, Fantastic Four, Daredevil and Spider-Man all die.
    -Magneto is the cause of sacrifing all the heroes just to get sympathy from the population
    -Brent Jackson is still alive

and....Puck does nothing

Puck does nothing? Now that's a shame. But he doesn't die, I guess.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

It's always a plus when an Alphan survives anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Well I picked up Weapon X: Days of Future now #4

spoiler:

-Diamond Lil is alive and part of Excelsior
    -Chamber blew of his head
    -Angel is still alive
    -Wolverine is married to Warbird
    -Magneto returns
    -Sauron is so fat he can't even fly anymore.
    -Malcom shoots Sauron in the back of the head
    -Avengers, Fantastic Four, Daredevil and Spider-Man all die.
    -Magneto is the cause of sacrifing all the heroes just to get sympathy from the population
    -Brent Jackson is still alive

and....Puck does nothing
    Hank Pym gets six months for sheep molestation
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I thought Puck would die in this issue, so i was happy he didn't. Basically if you wanted to buy the issue just because of Eugene was in it; all you need to see is the two preview pages and that's it...really.

Now that I think about it, it's even more odd that Puck would be a member of the X-Men, a group that's been traditionally "Mutant-only". Because in this particular issue, great attention was paid to the role of non-mutant heroes in the future world of intense anti-mutant sentiment. He's also shown worrying that the Sentinels would be able to detect him with their mutant scanner. It doesn't make any sense. Why would he be worrying about being detected if he weren't a mutant? Maybe the writers thought he's supposed to be a mutant, or maybe he's been a mutant the whole time and we never knew it, or maybe he was mutantified with Magneto's Mutant-a-tron from the X-Men movie...

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Now that I think about it, it's even more odd that Puck would be a member of the X-Men, a group that's been traditionally "Mutant-only". Because in this particular issue, great attention was paid to the role of non-mutant heroes in the future world of intense anti-mutant sentiment. He's also shown worrying that the Sentinels would be able to detect him with their mutant scanner. It doesn't make any sense. Why would he be worrying about being detected if he weren't a mutant? Maybe the writers thought he's supposed to be a mutant, or maybe he's been a mutant the whole time and we never knew it, or maybe he was mutantified with Magneto's Mutant-a-tron from the X-Men movie...

Love,
    rplass
    ROTFLMAO!!!!! I think it's the last one, R...the Mutant-a-Tron(or should it be Mutate-O-Tron?).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Puck??He was the last person I expected to be in ,I would of thought Vindictor or Aurora would of been more likely

Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    Puck??He was the last person I expected to be in ,I would of thought Vindictor or Aurora would of been more likely
    Aurora was an X-Men in the last issue, but she was killed by Agent Zero. We however, have no idea where Mac or Heather are.