Poll: Where should v4 start?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: The v4 Poll

Default The v4 Poll

OK, what starting point would you pick for v4 when it comes out in, say, the next 16 months?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I say clean slate, the events of v2 and v3 completely wrapped up and in the past. No Department H this time. They can be government approved, but independant, take it back to Tamarind or something. First issue, the Master returns and Alpha (who have been keeping busy, having plenty of heroic exploits) has to take him on yet again! Use it as an excuse to bring Marrina back as well, to give the first issue a change from whatever they were doing before.

PS: Next 16 months? Buh?

I say make Vol. 2 & 3 just a bad dream. IMO there is nothing worth keeping from either one and a whole lot that would be best forgotten. Let it pick up after Vol. 1 ends and just go from there. If there are characters fans liked from the other two series then they can be reintroduced (hopefully with better storylines).

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I say make Vol. 2 & 3 just a bad dream. IMO there is nothing worth keeping from either one and a whole lot that would be best forgotten. Let it pick up after Vol. 1 ends and just go from there. If there are characters fans liked from the other two series then they can be reintroduced (hopefully with better storylines).
    What he said, but with an English accent.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Before the bad dream/nightmare of V2 and V3....

...but keep and re-introduce the characters, just like Legerd and DelBubs say.

V2 showed Alpha Flight to be pawns to a malefic Department H,
    V3 was fun but makes no sense, and the Mantlo version rarely showed classic Alpha Flight as heroes, let alone superheroes.

I'm still trying to get a handle on what happened when I was reading the first series, and I'm still trying to figure out (to my satisfaction, at least) what can realistically be expected of PESTILENCE. Can he really resurrect all seven Great Beasts? Is Snowbird's baby that powerful? If Snowbird's child has Doug Thompson (a mortal) as the father, Richard Easton (a mortal) as the grandfather, Nelvanna (a true goddess) as the grandmother, and demi-goddess Narya as mom, wouldn't the child be only one-quarter god-like?

I'm going to fill in my Alpha Flight collection (received Wolverine #173, yesterday), even the Mantlo books eventually, but I would do my best to downplay AF "continuity" after V1#28. Rabb and Cassady's "Blast from the Past" is a keeper, as is "The Gift," and the Tom DeFalco Wolverine/Shaman story (#110), and the Tieri/Chen Wendigo/Mauvous AF story in Wolverine.

I don't know what to make of #173 yet, or the Erik Larsen/Eric Stephenson A.I.M/Snowbird two-party (#'s 142 - 143) [a flawed but good-faith attempt to bring back original Alpha Flight while working within the constraints of "the Marvel Universe"], or the story where the unnamed evil magician dropped all that mystical goop on Dept. H and messed with "Snowbird".
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

After vol #28 I would say that AF didn't really come alive again until #50 when Mantlo had gotten rid of those he didn't want and added a few he did. Fifty to about#64 was pretty readable, but for his final few issues Mantlo went to pieces imho. Wrath of the Dreamqueen was very readable, but the overlong Sorcerer storyline had to many inconsistencies and to many artists. FabNic revitalised AF and apart from *kaff* *kaff* #106, the series was enjoyable right until it's untimely demise. Vol 2 and 3 are the results some toxic chemicals I must have inadvertently inhaled, because there is no way that stuff could have really happened.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Dept H under Hudson control, not as a sinister organization but as Canadian support to the Canadian team.
    Mac as Dept H liaison, Heather as field leader.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Dept H under Hudson control, not as a sinister organization but as Canadian support to the Canadian team.

I agree with "kozzi24", that'd be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalandow
    Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24

I agree with "kozzi24", that'd be the way to go.
    Me too, but with Mac as leader and Heather as liason.