Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Legends Sasquatch Revealed!

I got them both as well and they already kicked the crap out of Juggernaut. I couldn't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Happy JC.

That's JC not AC.
    .....Does that mean I have to sue you now for insinuating my name??
    I been with this group for like 9 years. I don't need to insinuate anything.

Holy Crap Ben! Has it really been almost ten years? Already? Sorry for the OT here.

Holy Crap Ben! Has it really been almost ten years? Already? Sorry for the OT here.
    It seems to me it's been more than that. When I first joined the Alpha Waves mailing list, there were about 15 members, and I think I was 16 years old. I'll be 28 in March...so more like 11 or 12 years...I think it was about a year after I joined the list that Kirk handed the reins over to me. By that time there were 20 members. I'm not quite sure how long things were going before I joined up. Now here we are with the forum. 273 users, 14837 posts since 11 Jan 2004 at 09:02 pm

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    It seems to me it's been more than that. When I first joined the Alpha Waves mailing list, there were about 15 members, and I think I was 16 years old. I'll be 28 in March...so more like 11 or 12 years...I think it was about a year after I joined the list that Kirk handed the reins over to me. By that time there were 20 members. I'm not quite sure how long things were going before I joined up. Now here we are with the forum. 273 users, 14837 posts since 11 Jan 2004 at 09:02 pm

Ben
    It may seem more than that, but I guess thats just the stress of it all Ben. When I first joined up we were with Coollists and half the members didn't have the other halfs e-mail addies. Kirk gave you the reins and somehow you bought it all together into this. Your probably as famous as Alpha now. I'm gonna push Marvel for a 'Ben Wells' Legends figure
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I just picked up Sasquatch today, and nice to see the comic where he battles the Super Skrull....and wins

Is there any other Marvel Legends of Alpha FLight? I have only seen Sasquatch. I'm tempted to get the Snowbird Sasquatch

No other Marvel Legend Alpha figures, unless you count the multiple Wolverine figures.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Um, no offence meant at all, but don't you feel silly buying action figures?
    I mean I don't see why you would buy it. (but I'm Jewish, so it might be different for me)
    once again I would like to make clear, no offence meant whatsoever, just trying to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by zekethegreat
    I mean I don't see why you would buy it. (but I'm Jewish, so it might be different for me)
    once again I would like to make clear, no offence meant whatsoever, just trying to understand.
    Well that's certainly a creative way not to offend people.

This "action figure" line, even if it weren't directed at adult collectors, is no more or less silly than buying comics. And your being Jewish has nothing to do with your ignorance, trust me. I'm Jewish, and I've never said anything so stupid in my life.

My mother's side of my family is Jewish...but that doesn't effect the fact that I'm an Alpha Flight completist, and want every product that comes out with AF on it. I play with my AF figures, not ashamed to admit it. I'm nearly 28 years old, building a house, I manage a bar, and have a very active social life, yet I find nothing wrong with buying action figures if it interests you.

Ben

Zeke, I don't think it got to do with you been Jewish, I don't see much interest in buying the action figure myself, but I'm not jewish and it got nothing to do with me been from Québec (I think everyone knows I'm a proud Quebecers like we know you are a proud jewish from Israel).

I can see why some would like to have the action figure, completists or some that liked that. That's all. I see that you are 14 years old, right? Well, from your post, I usually find you really have a good reasoning (can I say that?) and well, now that I'm an adult, I can tell you that it's very important to kept your inner child alive, because without it you will become a sad dull adult that can't laugh. I think I'm mature but still likes comics (usually europeens now but I still don't understand how the heroine ends up naked in the last issue, but well ) so adult+action figure can = mature:P

So, it's just a question of taste, like many AF stories and characters that many likes here, but I cannot stand myself.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

No sillier than for buying comics books, yeesh. If you love Alpha Flight, why would you feel silly buying a cool little figure of a character from it?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I got mine on Thursday, in Sydney. It was hard to find; never found it at home in Canberra.

If you think I get embarrassed, you should see my Lord of the Rings action figure collection. Hee hee hee.

- Le Messor

I'm not embarrassed at all by having an action figure of Sasquatch hanging from the corner of a shelf behind my bar. It and the Juggernaut legends figure are the only 2 I own and I'll display them wherever I want.

What I meant was that I was educated (and still am) in a very weird way.
    I was (am) taught that anything you do and anything you buy and so on should only be a way to learn, and that the most important thing is learn, learn, learn and not do anything else. Because of that I have been learning alot lately and trying to do less of other things. I don't watch TV anymore, I'm alot less on the computer and I've stoped doing alot of things. I'm trying to get that thought out of my head, but it's hard. Basically this makes me think that buying most things is stupid (which is a stupid thought itself).

What I should have wrote was Jewish education, which is what I meant.

P.S. Yes, I am insane

Zeke