Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Legends Sasquatch Revealed!

And now, out of the packaging. Looks snazzy.

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=2003414

Now I'm off to search for him online. The figure looks great. Probably the best one in the series.

Sasquatch is starting to show up in small specialty stores in Canada right now, so keep yours eyes open for the toy to come your way in the very near future.

Hey, anybody wanna guess what I picked up at my local comic book shop today?

I'm a very happy boy. I can review the toy if anyone's interested.

Yes! Review it! I'd love to hear about your new toy!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Well you see. . . it's long, bright purple, and when you flick the switch on the botto-- okay, maybe we shouldn't go there. No no no, I got Sasquatch! The regular version, not the variant. He's glooorious.

A few notes for the Marvel Legends uninitiated first up. You'll need a knife or some scissors to open the package, and once you do, don't mind the smell. Seriously, your Sasquatch will smell like he had a massive fart consisting of indiustrial glue and polyurethane plastic. Let him breath for a few minutes. Next up, you'll need to free him from the little twist ties holding him in, and the big blue arm. Whose arm? We might get to that.

So the toy itself is great. I know some people were worrying about the size, and suffice to say. . . this is not an issue. Sasquatch is the tallest Marvel Legneds toy EVER released. Like, fricking gargantuan. The sculpting is great, with furry texture all over his gargantuanness. With the nice paint wash they threw over him, it almost looks like flocking. Comic accuracy is spot-on, using all the good parts of Walt from over the years, expunging most of the "pretty pretty pony" syndrome that I hate so much.

The fingers are individually arcticulated with one having the fingers in a bent position and the other straight. There's articulation at the head (up/down and rotate), shoulders (compound joints with a universal joint, rotator, and a standard chest piece), double-jointed elbows, lower arm rotator, wrists, mid-torso (a hinge), waist (limited due to the furry "skirt"), Universal Hips, double-jointed knees, ankles (up/down and pivot), and finally the toes. Yeah, that's a posable Sasquatch.

The natural standing position is sort of a "hunched over" posture, which looks great. He'll tend not to stand up with any reliability if you don't him like this, so it's probably for the best that I like it. He's extremely top-heavy, so you need to be careful how you use all that articulation up there. Mine has a floppy ankle too, so be careful with quality control.

And oh yes, he can totally do the "You Gotta Be Kiddin Me" pose, which is just hilarity. You guys will enjoy this toy.

He came with the comic, of course. I'd never read Alpha Flight #10 before so it was nice to get a chance to finally get my hands on a version. Gotta wonder why they didn't use the Sasquatch Origin issue though. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing him launch Super-Skrull accross the galaxy and all.

So yeah, moral of the story is. . . Buy this toy. Even if you have to punch your own mother in the kidneys for some reason, buy this toy. Oh, and the blue arm is for a masive Apocalypse figure. Which you may also want, so buy the rest of the wave. But don't punch anyone for that one.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct
    A few notes for the Marvel Legends uninitiated first up. You'll need a knife or some scissors to open the package, and once you do, don't mind the small. Seriously, your Sasquatch will smell like he had a massive fart consisting of indiustrial glue and polyurethane plastic.
    Let him breath for a few minutes. Next up, you'll need to free him from the little twist ties holding him in, and the big blue arm. Whose arm? We might get to that.
    Ah, just like MacFarlane's Dragons. I'm gonna rush out and buy it as soon as I can! (I can seek it today, but find? There I canno help you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct
    Buy this toy. Even if you have to punch your own mother in the kidneys for some reason, buy this toy.
    That's convenient, because I was kinda thinking about doing that anyway.

- Le Messor
    Lois: "I want you to bond with your son."
    Peter: "Bond? James Bond! I'll do it!"
    - Family Guy

Honestly, thanks for the funny comments, it's the first good laugh I've had in months, probably since 2004 to be honest. I needed that. I've had such a horrible 13 months, I really needed to laugh.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

I'm sorry to hear that. Pain sucks.

- Mik

I'm glad my lame jokes brightened your mood.

Sweet. I put the girlfreind to task this year with finding me one. Every year i give her a gift that I want and i know will be hard to find. Last year it was Mer Man from MOU, this year the white variant Sassy!

I've seen more of the white Sas on the shelves than the regular one for some reason.
    I'm guessing people just prefer the classic colour, plus it's probably marked up cheaper than the 'variant' in a lot of places.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I've seen more of the white Sas on the shelves than the regular one for some reason.
    Damn you, kasperov!!! (shakes fist at the sky.)

I haven't seen -any- on the shelves. None of my stores goes beyond the Legendary Riders or Galactus series. (Ben Grimm is -not- a legendary rider! Neither is Taskmaster. That I know of. Neither is Vengean-- okay, bad example).

- Le Messor
    "Don's smile was a lemon twist."
    -- Emil Petaja

Yay. Christmas abounds with Sassy stuff. I received my Sasquatch and Tanaraq figures, or is it Heather Hudson from Exiles?, or is it Snowbird as a great beast?, or is it Wanda (shudder) ?

Anyway I got 'em both.

I also got the not so nice Sasquatch bust and a great number on it. I got #13 of 2500.

Happy JC.

That's JC not AC.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Happy JC.

That's JC not AC.
    .....Does that mean I have to sue you now for insinuating my name??
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine