Thread: Round 2 - Hurricane Rita

Default Round 2 - Hurricane Rita

Looks like Rita is bearing down on Texas and Louisiana tonight. The good news is folks are taking this one very seriously and getting out of those areas. We're already seeing 20mph sustained winds here in Baton Rouge. I'm well away from the expected landfall, so I'm expecting things to be pretty tame here. We'll probably get up to 60mph gusts and about 3-6" of rain. It should be similar to Katrina a few weeks ago as far as I'm concerned. My biggest fear is that one of the huge oaks in my front yard will be transplanted in my living room. As long as that doesn't happen I'll be happy. I may be without power, internet, etc. for a few days. I'll post with my condition as soon as I can after the storm has passed. Anyone else out there in the path of this storm, be careful and stay safe.

Tom

I hope everything will be okay(and the oaks stay put), Tom. God bless.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I hope my student down their is OK, near Houston and her parents went down to help.

Today it seems she is OK, but I still would like to be sure. She's a good one. I have faith.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

See ya when everything is returned to some semblence of normal...hopefully the oak tree stays in place in the YARD!

*goes off to await word from more mates in the path of mayhem*
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Well the oaks stayed put. We had wind similar to Katrina, just from the opposite direction. So, looks like I'll be cleaning up the yard tomorrow. Power was out for 14 hours. The kids and I had a blast last night in the dark, sticking flashlights in our mouths and lighting up like jack-o-lanterns. They giggled themselves to sleep. It was really a fun night. Hope everyone else's experience was as good as mine!

Tom