Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How fast?

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Deluxe and Master editions, the only ones the twins were in as far as I know.
    The twins were in the original handbooks too, MM...however, I don't recall if that specific speed term was mentioned.

...And for Pete's sake, King_Mungi... I informed you in what Handbook I saw it in my post above(on Northstar's page...it isn't mentioned on Aurora's). Do you have the handbooks? If you don't have the handbooks....Here's a link that should help...

http://www.unfluffybunny.com/cripp12...thstarback.jpg

Dana

Edited because I was fairly peeved when I wrote it.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

*looks it up*

Well, I'll be jiggered, the Original has all that too, specific and all. It just doesn't mention the 99% thing, it just says they can approach it. The Original is less bare-bones than I rememberd it.

Sorry MM....Like I said above(and I'm guessing you read my first post)...I was peeved when I wrote it. I "looked it up" tooooooo.

Dana

Hrm, I'm a tad confused. Are we talking about different handbooks? Because I have the Original and Deluxe Editions, what was that one you posted a link from? I don't recognize it.

EDIT: Master Edition. Dur.

LOL...no problem. This website has pretty much every page of the Master Ed scanned front and back.

http://www.unfluffybunny.com/cripp12/

It's pretty cool that UB(Unfluffy Bunny, I know of him from the Freedom Force Forums) did this.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    LOL...no problem. This website has pretty much every page of the Master Ed scanned front and back.

http://www.unfluffybunny.com/cripp12/

Dana
    But that handbook got mistakes in it. Jeanne-marie and not Jean-Marie like it was told in it. And I think the terrrorist group was named in the issue where Clémentine appears first. I mean there is no other terorist group in existance in québec, it's the FLQ. And it say he as superhuman level reflexes, when Byrne said otherwise. Again Raymonde is a woman's name but it was byrne mistake so I understand that one. And base of operation, don't you think they should have added Montréal to that list?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Geez...you're right, Sylvie....there is a bunch of screw-ups in his entry. Nobody's perfect.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Again Raymonde is a woman's name but it was byrne mistake so I understand that one.
    I never have been able to figure out if that was a mistake or a quasi-subtle attempt to make Raymonde more...um...femmy by making the name deliberately incorrect. Would the names be pronounced the same?

Suzene

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Deluxe and Master editions, the only ones the twins were in as far as I know.
    The twins were in the original handbooks too, MM...however, I don't recall if that specific speed term was mentioned.

...And for Pete's sake, King_Mungi... I informed you in what Handbook I saw it in my post above(on Northstar's page...it isn't mentioned on Aurora's). Do you have the handbooks? If you don't have the handbooks....Here's a link that should help...

http://www.unfluffybunny.com/cripp12...thstarback.jpg

Dana

Edited because I was fairly peeved when I wrote it.
    My mistake, I have the Handbooks of: Book of the Dead 2004, Spider-Man 2005, Teams 2005, Wolverine 2005 & Handbook: Ultimate Spider-Man & F4. However, I have never heard of the Deluxe or Master editions so I had no clue what you were talking about. Sorry about that.

No worries.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by suzene
    Again Raymonde is a woman's name but it was byrne mistake so I understand that one.
    I never have been able to figure out if that was a mistake or a quasi-subtle attempt to make Raymonde more...um...femmy by making the name deliberately incorrect. Would the names be pronounced the same?

Suzene
    Sylvie may correct me(and slap me around for getting it wrong ), but they would be pronounced slightly different.

Raymond would have a silent "d" on the end, while Raymonde...you'd hear the "d" and it would have a very slight "ah" sound at the end.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by suzene

Suzene
    Well, in french Raymond and Raymonde is not pronounced the same but in english raymonde is pronounced like you would say Raymond. Do you understand? Like for an anglophone it's very hard to say Raymond because you don't have an equivalent. Like Justin Timberlake or Germaine Jackson, has a feminin name for francophone when spoken.

I had the same question if it was intended or not and I'm not sure. It may not be Byrne fault but the letterer mistake too. But then again Byrne never gave any Qebecer character a typical Quebecer name and Belmonde just don't exist at all and is gramatically impossible. So I just think Byrne was pretty much ignorant about french or quebec particulity.

I was also wondering why in the handbook the section strenght jp was listed as superhuman (leg press only). why his legs? JP is not a runner but a flyer, no?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I was also wondering why in the handbook the section strenght jp was listed as superhuman (leg press only). why his legs? JP is not a runner but a flyer, no?
    It almost looks like they copied and pasted from Quicksilver's entry.