Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How fast?

Default How fast?

How fast has Aurora or Northstar shown to go? it's possible for them to reach 99% of lightspeed, but how fast have they been shown so far. Mostly Northstar now due to Aurora's operation. Also what issue did it occur in.

In Wolverine #29 (or 30?) they said that, after the hand got hold of him, Northstar could go Mach 3.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm pretty sure he can go faster than that, the Hand upgraded him and he could go Mach 10 before. Aurora, after her first downgrade, could go Mach 1, the speed of sound, no telling how subsequent power tweaks have affected her speed.

So, basically, it's kinda undefined at the moment. Northstar should be over Mach 10 though.

I wonder if he could actually reach lightspeed, if he were in outer space(with the proper breathing apparatus and suit, of course)?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Yeah I figured he was shown to be able to go Mach 10, I just wanted issue numbers to prove he can.

Sorry for the double post, but when was it stated that Aurora could reach 99% of lightspeed? wasn't it vol.1 #19?

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...t=956&start=30

Northstar and Aurora's impact resistance must increase with their speed usage...or Jean Paul would be breaking his bones pulling that maneuver.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=956&start=30

Northstar and Aurora's impact resistance must increase with their speed usage...or Jean Paul would be breaking his bones pulling that maneuver.

Dana
    Indeed, I just posted the scans to show that Northstar can be pretty badass.

Anyways know the answers to my above questions?

I know it says it on Northstar's Handbook Master Edition page.

Dana

He seems to have even higher impact resistance thanks to the hand. He flew THROUGH a sentinal. Before he was just smashing guys twice his size through trees, not plowing through solid metal. That is hardcore.

Did I use the term just smashing people through trees? God I love comic books.

And I don't think the Mach 10 limit/potential for 99% light speed thing was mentioned anywhere other than the Handbook, but I know it hasn't been discounted, so it's what I go by.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    He seems to have even higher impact resistance thanks to the hand. He flew THROUGH a sentinal. Before he was just smashing guys twice his size through trees, not plowing through solid metal. That is hardcore.
    Just a thought, but maybe he's able to do that by virtue of the same principle that enables a hurricane force wind to drive a mere sheaf of wheat through/into the trunk of an oak?

Fastest I remember him going was his attempt to escape earth gravity during his re-introduction in Volume 2. Don't remember if he's been clocked, tho.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Fastest I remember him going was his attempt to escape earth gravity during his re-introduction in Volume 2. Don't remember if he's been clocked, tho.
    I don't think he has, not in an actual comic, just the handbooks.

Which handbook was the 99% of light speed mentioned in?

Deluxe and Master editions, the only ones the twins were in as far as I know.