Thread: Essentials?

Default Essentials?

Marvel just announced that they'll be releasing 24 essentials volumes in 2006. Nova's apparently getting one. If Nova can get a volume, I wonder if an early Alpha one is to be included in that batch.

Adam, I don't suppose you can provide a link? I belong to a New Warriors forum and they might be a little interested in that part that applies to Nova.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I'd think AF deserves one, too.

I hope MARVEL puts out an ESSENTIAL ALPHA FLIGHT. Ant-Man got one. Killraven got one. Heck, Tomb of Dracula got more than one.

Here's what I'd like to see: UXM#s 109, 120, 121, 139, 140; Machine Man# 18; Hulk Annual# 8; Marvel-Two-in-One#s 72 and 73(?); AFV1# 1 thru 28; Marvel-Two-in-One Annual# 7; "The Gift," and "Blast from the Past."

If all of those are collected, that would be [IMO] a definitive compilation of AF.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I personally would add the ROM issues in there as well. I forget the issue numbers, but they depict Shaman and Marinna very well.

And Crystar #11. That was startlingly good.

It's Marvel Two-In-One #'s 83 and 84. And it's ROM #'s 56, 57 and 58.

But while you're at it, you may as well include Incredible Hulk #272, Power Pack #'s 9 and 10, Iron Man #'s 195 and 196, and Crystar #11 to round out the significant Byrne-era Alpha Flight appearances.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Adam, I don't suppose you can provide a link? I belong to a New Warriors forum and they might be a little interested in that part that applies to Nova.
    http://www.silverbulletcomics.com/news/story.php?a=775

or more specifically:

http://www.silverbulletcomics.com/~j...rsmarvel22.gif

In Newsarama's words: "24 Essentials volumes (including Nova) are planned for next year, along with 18 Masterworks volumes."

Cheers.

Thanks Adam, that is much appreciated.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default More than one volume?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I personally would add the ROM issues in there as well. I forget the issue numbers, but they depict Shaman and Marinna very well.
    I'm interested to know why.

I thought all of them, including ROM and Starshine but particularly Marrina*, were too monumentally ineffective against the water disaster in ROM. It can't be blamed totally on AF being novices. Readers got a hint of how Alpha Flight was going to be treated from their depiction in these issues. I wouldn't include them.

I'll try and catch up on Hulk# 272, Power Pack#'s 9 and 10, Iron Man# 195 and 196, Crystar# 11, and ROM# 58 (have 56 and 57).

Thanks for the correction on the MTiO issues.

I'd include something extra, like some of the unpublished artwork (Byrne original AF picture(s), Aurora changing from her original uniform), plus some interviews (either from Comics Feature, Marvel Age, or Amazing Heroes).

* This could've/should've been her time to shine since she was being presented as a malevolent alien brood-conqueror in the regular series.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

...once upon a time.

I'd also like to see AF essentials.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    They can't include any ROM issues since they he was a licensed character and they've long since lost the license. This is the reason ROM has only appeared in his non-Spaceknight form since the eighties.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstorm
    ...They can't include any ROM issues since they he was a licensed character and they've long since lost the license...
    Good.

...once upon a time.