Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How fast could Box go?

Default How fast could Box go?

With his propulsions on; how fast can the Box 4 travel? Mach 1? 2? slower?

Not 100% sure but Mach 2 seems right.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Well you seem like an expert with Box, what abilities does it have (more v.2 or 3 since Jeffries can make whatever he wants).

Like I know it can:
    -jam radio signals
    -tap into computers

but what else?, is it on par with Tony Stark's gadgets? I don't know I havn't read much with v.2 or v.3. [going to pick up the trades soon...hopefully]

Box I and II weren't around that long, so the information you have is about all we have:

Box also contains many different devices, among which are ones enabling it to tap into computers and receive or jam radio signals. Box contains special tracking equipment, and it can see in all areas of the electromagnetic spectrum. Other devices can also be installed within Box if the need arises.

I don't think it was ever recorded how fast Box IV could fly, but I believe Madison could keep up with the AF jet, so Mach 2 wouldn't be a bad guess.

Boy, it sure sounds like we need a new Box comic!

- pjc

Quote Originally Posted by patrick_j_clarke
    Box I and II weren't around that long, so the information you have is about all we have:

Box also contains many different devices, among which are ones enabling it to tap into computers and receive or jam radio signals. Box contains special tracking equipment, and it can see in all areas of the electromagnetic spectrum. Other devices can also be installed within Box if the need arises.

I don't think it was ever recorded how fast Box IV could fly, but I believe Madison could keep up with the AF jet, so Mach 2 wouldn't be a bad guess.

Boy, it sure sounds like we need a new Box comic!

- pjc
    Wow this was an old post. Oh I found a bio for Box v.1 or v.3 I suppose

What the stats mean:
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...t3/ME2-240.jpg

So Box v.4 was probally around the same speed

In the terms they used to describe me when I played dodgeball in school: faster than a greased third grader!!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    wow this was an old post. Oh I found a bio for Box v.1 or v.3 I suppose
    What the stats mean:
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...t3/ME2-240.jpg

So Box v.4 was probally around the same speed
    Actually Box v.4 could probably go faster.

And just to make sure, which Box is which version?

Zeke

Zeke, if you check out http://www.alphaflight.net/character...iews/index.php it has entries for each of the Box designations. Not sure if flight capabilities are mentioned, but I'm sure Mach 2 sounds about right for all, prolly more if flying as a Box Ship in space.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Couldn't Box theoretcially go as fast as the fastest propulsion system designed by man and/or known to Jeffries? Afterall, all Jeffries has to do is will Box to take the apprpopriate form, right?

Box once propeeled the team through space when he was a spaceship when he detonated himself against Tundra in issue 56. Courese he had a brain tumor at the time but I believe they were traveling way faster then Mach 2 that issue if they were moving through space

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Zeke, if you check out http://www.alphaflight.net/character...iews/index.php it has entries for each of the Box designations. Not sure if flight capabilities are mentioned, but I'm sure Mach 2 sounds about right for all, prolly more if flying as a Box Ship in space.
    My problem is that there Box v.1 and 2 are the same robot. plus there was another version of the robot later on in the series that looked close to the original (only different), so I was wondering would that be another version of the robot.

Zeke

It's strange because most "versions" break BOX down by who was inside the armor instead of the different revisions to BOX.

Here's how I see it:

BOX I (silver and blue):
    This is where we first see BOX in Gamma flight. This is also the same version that Jaxon steals. This version didn't have flight capabilities and Roger controlled it via a psycho-cybernetic helmet.

BOX II (silver and red):
    This is the version that Madison Jefferies helped Roger with after Jaxon stole the original version. It was made of "living metal" and Roger phased into the armor and it was used for Walter as well. It had flight capabilities, was stronger and all around better than the first version.

BOX III (Transformer)
    This is all of the different versions that Madison Jefferies used.

That sound right to anyone else?

- pjc

wouldn't every different form of Jeffries have different stats? I mean when he was a ship he obviously was alot faster than every other form.

Zeke

I always took the nymber designations for the Boxbot as down to the person using the bot at the time. Roger Bochs, Jaxxon, Walt, Maddy. If we took the numbers to be representative of different bot forms, we'll prolly be up to Boxs XX by now
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Marvel Directory has it that Box I was Boch's, Box II was Jaxon, but otherwise, Box I and II were the same remote controlled robot ... only the controller differed.

Box III didn't get an entry in the Directory, but it is fair to assume that this was the Box that Jeffries reconstructed for Boch's. It was superior to the original in all ways. This would also be the one Walt came to inhabit.

So, as per the Marvel Directory, that would make Box IV the Box that was specifically Jeffries' design, and which didn't resemble the earlier two incarnations.

Speaking of Boch's Jeffries reconstructed Box, presumably Box III, its stats are fairly impressive, with its strength level alone statted at lift/press 85 tons. However, in Alpha Flight #45 Walt states that Box III's "might" (whom he knows as well as Sasq's) is not half that of Sasquatch's.

I wish these guys would get Sasq's power level straight, because in the Marvel Universe guides and almost others stats I've seen, Box is equal to Sasq.'s post UXM 120-something strength-level, and better than him in most other areas, eg. durability, flight, sensory.