Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Covers you might not have seen

Default Alpha Flight Covers you might not have seen

They were done by Thomas Frisano

Strange 191 (11/1985)

Strange 201 (09/1986)

Strange 205 (01/1987)

Enjoy

Thanks for sharing. You know, a lot of good artists want to draw AF, and some good writers want to as well! Ain't it a shame we haven't gotten Joe Q. to see the light yet?

Ah, but hope springs eternal!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Beautiful Work! Too bad we can't get it in print. I might actually start buying comics again if I could get that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Thanks for sharing. You know, a lot of good artists want to draw AF, and some good writers want to as well! Ain't it a shame we haven't gotten Joe Q. to see the light yet?

Ah, but hope springs eternal!
    Yeah I wish they would get a chance and fix the history since it's just so confusing now. I'm ignoring what happened at the end of Vol.3. Anyways Alpha Flight is fairly popular for not being a mainstream team and I think that's one of the reasons they appeals to me.

Also I think you can buy those covers from his site. He's very old-school
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/thomas.frisa...bleauxangl.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Beautiful Work! Too bad we can't get it in print. I might actually start buying comics again if I could get that!
    I think they were released on print, but over in France

Yes, this is covers made in France for Strange which was the translation of american comic put in one book. Like I thing FF and AF where published toghether. I've already saw the cover for strange 201.

I've got one issue of strange and it's got X-Men in it and an old FF story
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Thanks for sharing them with us, KM....He's very good.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Excellent

Man, where was he when TPTB were getting ready to change creative teams with AF# 29? Is he still interested in illustrating AF? I would be very enthused if Mr. Frisano expressed interest in doing AF.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Man, where was he when TPTB were getting ready to change creative teams with AF# 29? Is he still interested in illustrating AF? I would be very enthused if Mr. Frisano expressed interest in doing AF.
    We could always email him to find out
    -----
    I'm tempted to buy Strange 191 or Strange 205, which do you guys prefer?

Default Re: Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Well, there is 3 mr. Frisano working in the industry in France. There is the father Jean Frisano who as far as I know only did covers and no actual comic. He is the one that draw the AF cover you can see here. There is his uncle Pierre, that did at least a comic called Courtisane and now there is Thomas, the website is his. Thomas could do AF or maybe not since the french comicbook format and industry is very different, I don't know if he could produce the comic in the time needed for an american comic.

And to answer your fisrt question : They were all in France.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Those are gorgeous. Looking through his site was like a trip down memory lane.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Those are gorgeous. Looking through his site was like a trip down memory lane.
    Like I said he's old school

Does anyone else know any artist who did a take on Alpha Flight that not many would know about?

edit: I didn't know Jim Lee did Alpha Flight
    http://www.albertmoy.com/GalleryPiec...g=Alpha+Flight

AF #51 was the first work Jim Lee did with Marvel, if I recall correctly.

The cover for AF #75 is my all time favorite. Lee did his first work for Marvel on AF and the quality of those issues has never been repeated.

Hitch and Neary both took a crack at Alpha, long before they joined forces on 'The Authority'. Mark Gruenwald and Greg Larocque, both had goes as well. Some big names there. I guess if we read through every appearence, we would see some well known names scattered throughout.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!