Poll: Who should run Department H?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Department H

Hybrid View

Default Department H

OK, who should run it?

DND is Department of National Defence

NSC is National Science Center
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Heather hands down could deal with the beaurocracy! Mac could handle the R&D, perhaps! Michael the Medical! Walt and Eugene the tactical and field units! Elizabeth and Narya the supernatural! But Heather should head the entity if anyone!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default If there must be a Dept. H...

A bureaucrat who has some real sense of duty to defending Canada, not some super-paranoid nutjob bent on creating more threats to Canada than thwarting them. My personal preference is AGENT K. Second choice, Frank Hulme. Third choice, Mr. Farnum.

ADDENDUM: Department H makes less and less sense to me: according to the Mantlo version, Gary Cody funds AF just to spy on them because he doesn't trust super-folks to be loyal to Canada (XM/AF's "Blast from the Past" also presents Cody as a lot less honorable then he tried to come across to Heather); then, General Clark and his crew give Sunfire cancer (or accelerate it), brand new recruits like Lili/Ghost Girl, and brainwash the members of Alpha Flight to stay in the fold. Their own supposed government felt the need to brainwash a former secretary, a former government agent, and a whole lot of kids to do what it wanted them to do. Puck, justifiably so, should have been ticked (he agreed to address the issue in V2#13, but didn't get a chance to), and Heather should, too.

I don't understand how Colcord, who doesn't seem to have any special powers to my knowledge, manages to keep an awful lot of powerful mutant bad-guys like MESMERO in check. But he manages to survive getting gutted by Wolverine, whereas Northstar* (and a whole bunch of other baddies, super and non) didn't.

The real Alpha Flight should be duty-bound to put this incarnation of Department H out of business, permanently, as well as the entire WEAPON X program. Or die trying.

* yeah, I got it; story-line was good, too.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I opted for Chasen. I know he's a bit of a pillock, but Alpha need someone like him. At least he is open in his duplicity, Cody pretended to be a friend while trying to do them in the ankles.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I didn't vote because there wasn't a "none of the above" featured. I think Dept H needa to take a back seat. The hallways of the place are so convuluted that it's confusing as hell.

I voted for Heather, but really wanted to vote for Don Cherry! He wouldn't take any guff and he would say it like it is!

I voted for DND, I see Alpha Flight operating much as Joint Task Force 2 (Canada's Counter Terrorism Unit). Or as part of the RCMP.

Department of National Defence - Official Canada Website
    http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/home_e.asp

Department of National Defence (Canada)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministe...e_%28Canada%29

Joint Task Force 2 - Offical Canada Website
    http://www.dcds.forces.gc.ca/units/jtf2/default_e.asp

Canadian Special Forces (JTF-2) - Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Task_Force_2

[RCMP CSIS] Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Div.16) - "Canadian Security Intelligence Serviceā€.
    Mandate: Foreign and Domestic Security and Intelligence. (Canada's FBI, CIA, NSA, etc...)

[RCMP SERT] Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Div.17) - "Superhuman Emergency Response Team".
    Mandate: Counter Terrorism, Hostage Rescue, and Special Police Services. (Canada's version of SHIELD)

[RCMP PSIS] Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Div.1 - "Paranormal Supernatural Investigation Service". Mandate: Investigate Paranormal, Supernatural, and other Unexplained Phenomena. (Canada's version of SHIELD)

[RCMP AF] Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Div.19) - "Alpha Flight"
    Mandate: Superhuman Counter Terrorism, Hostage Rescue, and Special Police Services.

Just a few ideas

QM
    "Life is not about having the right answers. Life is about having the right questions" - QM