Thread: I figure

Default I figure

HoM will give people who want to write Alpha Flight a great oppotunity. With next to no AF reference in the Ultimate-verse and HoM doing basically the same it creates an opening for the kind of group AF has been, a government-funded group out to stop crime, control problems others can't, and maintain peace and order, not law and order. With the HoM reboot to reset the X-universe to Sentinel/Hound futures, Department H and AF will have a strong role to play in combating both sides, the mutant threat and the non-muatnt hysteria.

WE need to keep pushing and promoting!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Yeah, I agree. I hope there's someone who will ask, "Hey, what about Canada, eh?" Then someone goes, "Alpha Flight, eh?" Then someone else will be all, "There's like, two Alpha Flights, one in Plodex-space and the other in the time-stream from vol 3...., eh?" Then the other guy gets all like, "Dude, we're HoM writers. Don't be all time-streamy on us. We ARE the time-stream, eh?"

Then everything gets reset, the dis-continuity problems from vol 3 are corrected, Alpha Flight gets their own Byrne-centric title, mutants are underrepresented (JP, JM, Jeffries, Kyle, Diamond Lil... et al) and we go forward with Alpha Flight as the canonical "new book" in the post-HoM world - wrapping up all of the time-stream issues, political interweavings with mutantdom and non-mutantdom along with a cast of Canadian culturally-relevant, strong and established members who rank alongside any other countries' list of superheroes: Jeffries loses that mustache, Walter stays male for at least 12 issues, Mac and Heather reconnect in a satisfying and romantic manner, "Raazer" is correctly spelled in 3 consecutive books, Northstar dies fewer than than 4 times per month, probably just 3 times per month for a couple of years, then 2 times a month for a while, then finally down to 1 death a month from 2012 to 2020 or so, Marrina awakens from her false death and somehow avoids arrest from the NYPD from her irreperable habit of shoveling live goldfish from PetCo into her gullet, Kyle undergoes throat surgery and after serious rehabilitation, learns to speak again, along with his complexion returning to something resembling rouge, Jean-Marie settles down to a palette of no more than 9 personalities, Snowbird's skin turns pasty bright white to satisfy the most racist/Aryans among us, we pick up a book every week [yes, it's a weekly, not a monthly title] that contains amazing art (Clayton H would be great IMO), excellent writing and dialogue, sensitive inclusion of the homosexual nature of JP with a triangular rainbow symbol on each page, accurate portrayal of the Quebecois including accent marks and declensions, homage to the original Byrne version of the group as the basis for every concept and idea combined with full exposure of the new characters as introduced through v2 and v3 in a seamless and Byrne-consistent manner, representative of the foreboding but supportive role of Department H as originally envisioned by our founding father, Jimmy Mac, where have you gone?

Yes! HoM rules!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

could we get a wolverine, x-men, fantastic four, or avengers appearance thrown in every so often?

Well I still don't think HoM will end in an outright reboot, I think that (aside from launching various "events" in the Marvel Universe proper) it will give writers an excuse to go "you know that whole messed up timestream ending to Volume 3 that makes no sense? Yeah, that disappeared in the wash when Wanda tried to fix the universe the end of HoM. Oops... moving on..."

Not that an instant "retcon button" is without it's dangers, but I have a feeling that's where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Snowbird's skin turns pasty bright white to satisfy the most racist/Aryans among us,
    Well ,technically speaking, Aryan refers to the eastern branch of the Ind0-European family ... most of whom are brown skinned these days. The Hindus called their ruling elite arya, the country Iran takes its name from this root, and the only place we find the term in the WEst is in the original name of Ireland. Of course, the Celtic peoples, whose language/s have all of the features of an Eastern INdo-Euroepan tongue, were late comers to Western Europe, not arriving until c.1500 BCE and presumably coming from the southeast.

So, while an Aryan may or may not be a racist, one thing an aryan certainly isn't is white. At least not outside of Ireland, and not for the past 3 or 4 thousand years!

Hail dumb-assed Austrian!!