Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Alpha Flight losses

  1. #1
    Captain Wow Alpha Flight
    -K-M-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,045

    Default Alpha Flight losses

    As the title says, name the losses of Alpha Flight as a team or as individuals.

    eg)
    Puck vs. Firestar (Web of Spider-Man #106)
    Sasquatch vs. Sabertooth (Sabertooth # 2)
    Sasquatch vs. Wendigo (Sabertooth # 4)
    Sasquatch vs. The Champion (Marvel Two-In-One #7)

  2. #2
    Gamma Flight

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    105

    Default

    What? Is this hypothetical, or are you just testing our knowledge, cause I dunno then.

  3. #3
    Administrator Department H
    DelBubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,650

    Default Re: Alpha Flight losses

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    As the title says, name the losses of Alpha Flight as a team or as individuals.

    eg)
    Puck vs. Firestar (Web of Spider-Man #106)
    Sasquatch vs. Sabertooth (Sabertooth # 2)
    Sasquatch vs. Wendigo (Sabertooth # 4)
    Sasquatch vs. The Champion (Marvel Two-In-One #7)
    Alpha Flight v Zodiac (vol 2 #12) Off the top of my head
    Del

    Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

  4. #4
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    I'm at work...so I can't really look up the issue numbers(26-27???), but how about....

    Alpha Flight Vs. Omega Flight (Round two) at the West Edmonton Mall(with Delphine Courtney/aka Robot MX39147 posing as the resurrected Guardian/Mac Hudson?

    Alpha did end up winning the battle in the end(sort of), so I guess it was a minor loss.

    Or how about WildChild's loss to Rok and the Children of the Night?(Yes...I know...Rok hit him from behind...the coward, but Kyle was still knocked out and chained up....sounds like a loss to me )

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  5. #5
    Administrator Department H
    HappyCanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Or how about WildChild's loss to Rok and the Children of the Night?(Yes...I know...Rok hit him from behind...the coward, but Kyle was still knocked out and chained up....sounds like a loss to me )

    Dana
    Heh, some people's loss is other people's deviant fantasies, mate
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

    "Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

  6. #6
    Captain Wow Alpha Flight
    -K-M-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,045

    Default Re: Alpha Flight losses

    Quote Originally Posted by Julesville
    What? Is this hypothetical, or are you just testing our knowledge, cause I dunno then.
    It's a good old test in an attempt to give this board some life and give people an excuse to rummage through all their Alpha Flight comics.

    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs

    Alpha Flight v Zodiac (vol 2 #12) Off the top of my head
    Good one, but god when the Zodiac battled Weapon X [in attempt to get Jeffries] they looked like amateurs and got smoked.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I'm at work...so I can't really look up the issue numbers(26-27???), but how about....

    Alpha Flight Vs. Omega Flight (Round two) at the West Edmonton Mall(with Delphine Courtney/aka Robot MX39147 posing as the resurrected Guardian/Mac Hudson?

    Alpha did end up winning the battle in the end(sort of), so I guess it was a minor loss.

    Or how about WildChild's loss to Rok and the Children of the Night?(Yes...I know...Rok hit him from behind...the coward, but Kyle was still knocked out and chained up....sounds like a loss to me )

    Dana
    Errrr.....I thought of that but I still was iffy to consider it a lose.

    Yep, still counts as a lose. Even though Rok was the dumbest character ever.
    --------
    Hmmmmm....don't know if people want to expand on how they lose, like a play by play of what happened. It doesn't matter it's more of a thread to test your knowledge and to give the board more life.

  7. #7
    Gamma Flight

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Here's one then;

    Alpha Flight Vol. 3: Alpha Flight lost my respect.

    HA ha ha ha... awww, I made myself sad...

  8. #8
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    I hear you...but was it really Alpha Flight's fault?

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  9. #9
    Alpha Flight
    PWalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Here's the biggest loss:

    Alpha Flight versus the Marvel marketing department.


  10. #10
    Alpha Flight
    kozzi24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Kane taking out Northstar via electic shock circa AF #116 was interesting. Given Mac's elements of CONTROL over superhumans and the twin's ability to short out his suit, it may not have been an innocent oversight that the twins costumes were not insulated.
    www.kozzi.us

    recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

    ~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

  11. #11
    New Recruit

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Alpha Flight (v1) #50 was a loss on so many levels...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •