Thread: Just How Powerful is Jeffries

Default Just How Powerful is Jeffries

Reading the Bochs thread in the 'Polls' section, got me to thinking about just how powerful Jeffries truely is. Some people have said that they believe him to be more powerful than Magneto, due to the diversity of his control over more than one inorganic substance. Given that I have seen Mags render people unconcious by manipulating iron within a persons body etc, then it occured to me that with refinement, Jeffries could use his powers to replicate some of the aspects of his brothers powers also.

So just exactly is he capable off and apart from 'The Beyonder' and 'Franklyn Richards' is there an even more powerful humanoid out there?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Do you mean besides the Almighty Del?

It's hard to think of anyone else in MU that could rival what Jefferies is capable of. He's just never really been turned loose. I guess a good brainwash will keep you in check though. It'd be cool to see him loose it and Alpha have to take him down after he's beaten the likes of the X-men and Avengers. Come to think of it I wouldn't mind seeing Alpha Flight take on Del either. I don't think Alpha could stand up to his inane abilities though!!!!!

Seems to me that their are a ton of folks who might just as easily beat Jeffries as he might beat them, all depending on whom got the drop on whom or acted first ... all else being equal.

I've heard that he can't manipulate anything from within his armour,which doesn't make sense to me if he could manpulate one curcuit or one layer of his armour through another ... via the same principle of conduction one would think. I guess they had to cap his power somehow, if thats a rationale.

Anyway, IMO Thor alone would trash Jeffries, to say nothing of if he had the rest of the Avengers backing him up.

I put Jeffries in the best of the best category; that's why they made him mentally "weak", Marvel couldn't have a character stronger than Magneto be a part-time member of a Canadian team, he needed a serious problem.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I put Jeffries in the best of the best category; that's why they made him mentally "weak", Marvel couldn't have a character stronger than Magneto be a part-time member of a Canadian team, he needed a serious problem.
    I think it's not really fair, Byrne created Jeffries and I thought that what made the character interesting. The lack of interest or imagination to use is powers. He needed someone like Boch to do something big because him alone is not capable.

It's like so much people you see everyday. The easiest exemple is with sports. Those that goes to the olympics are not necessary the strongest or more talented. No, usually it's the one that work hard and believe in himself/herself. How many says a medal is 90% mental and 10% physical in the elite?

So I don't think it was because Jeffries was canadian that he is like that, I just think that 's makes him a lot more interesting than a super Jeffries with all powers and no personality or mister-perfect personality.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I never considered Jeffries as "powerful." I think that's because I always considered him a technomorph, someone who can change a toaster into a microwave, or a CD player into an mp3 player, that sort of thing. Give him a box of useless electronic trash, he turns it into a cyborg arm. I suppose if he wanted to, he could turn a bulldozer into an armored attack vehicle. But remember when Delphine Courtney found him he was a ditch digger, a regular working guy, the reluctant non-hero. I never thought that the micromanipulation of tiny circuitry, small pieces of metal housing and sections of glass was as equivalent to Magneto's or Polaris' complete mastery of all magnetism.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    I never considered Jeffries as "powerful." I think that's because I always considered him a technomorph, someone who can change a toaster into a microwave, or a CD player into an mp3 player, that sort of thing. Give him a box of useless electronic trash, he turns it into a cyborg arm. I suppose if he wanted to, he could turn a bulldozer into an armored attack vehicle. But remember when Delphine Courtney found him he was a ditch digger, a regular working guy, the reluctant non-hero. I never thought that the micromanipulation of tiny circuitry, small pieces of metal housing and sections of glass was as equivalent to Magneto's or Polaris' complete mastery of all magnetism.

Love,
    rplass
    Remember, he was digging ditches because he chose to, not because he couldn't do anything else. And he's not limited to small pieces of metal either, he can manipulated vast amounts of metal, glass and plastic. In the AOA he rewrote a Sentinel's programing, so he has a lot of potential never developed in the regular continuity.
    As to whether he's more powerful than Magneto...? According to the Marvel RPG http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast_list/all.htm Magneto has more power. Still, I would love to see a fight between them (with Jefferies in the Box armour), that would be kick ass.

I agree with Mokole about Marvel messing with AF characters. Every powerful Alphan has been killed off, reduced in power, retired or sent into limbo. Sasquatch was killed then returned but hasn't had the same power levels since. Box (Bochs) was driven insane and killed. Box (Jefferies) was kidnapped and brainwashed. Windshear retired. St. Elmo was killed off. Talisman hasn't been seen since Vol. 1 ended. Shaman has always been an emotional wreck which has affected his powers time and again. Diamond Lil may be dead, at the very least in limbo.
    I think TPTB at Marvel won't allow any characters from other countries to be writen as being more powerful than US heroes unless they're part of an "American" team (i.e. the Avengers, the X-men).