Thread: Refresh My Memory Please (Secret Empire Base)

Default Refresh My Memory Please (Secret Empire Base)

Just a quick refresher here, if you don't mind. In regards to the facility used by the 'Secret Empire' to utilise Wyres DNA, was it
    a) An old Dept H facility, taken over by the Empire and destroyed by H when they became aware?
    b)The Secret Empires base in the first place, destroyed by H etc...

Theoretically I could dig through back issues, but the aggravation that entails and I, basically being a lazy sod, thought I would ask here.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Re: Refresh My Memory Please (Secret Empire Base)

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Just a quick refresher here, if you don't mind. In regards to the facility used by the 'Secret Empire' to utilise Wyres DNA, was it
    a) An old Dept H facility, taken over by the Empire and destroyed by H when they became aware?
    b)The Secret Empires base in the first place, destroyed by H etc...

Theoretically I could dig through back issues, but the aggravation that entails and I, basically being a lazy sod, thought I would ask here.
    I just reread those issues and I don't recall them mentioning where it was located and from what I read, it sounded like the base may have been destroyed by Wyre when he sought to find all the ferals he helped to create(although I may be reading into his hunt too much, thinking he took the Secret Empire faction down too). Who knows...the base could still be there(wherever "there" is). It's not much of an answer for you, Del....I apologize.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

No problem Dana, thanks for answering. My problem is that in AF #115 and X-Force #143, I'm sure it was implied that Dept H had taken down the facility. Anyone who has that X-Factor issue more to hand than me could maybe see what Val Cooper said when recapping Kyles history to the fella in her appartment. It's not wholey important for me to find out, but it would help with somthing I'm toying with.

Thanks again Dana
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Oh...X-Factor...I reread my Alpha issues with Wyre. Did Kyle have an expanded origin in X-Factor?

Dana

Theoretically, I could go and edit the posts and put X-Factor instead of X-Force, that way I wouldn't look such a plum. That said however, in X-Factor #142 Val Cooper did give a fairly detailed origin for Kyle. I'm sure it was in that issue that Kyle was actually labelled as a mutant, but also altered by the Secret Empire.
    Del

Maybe "THEY" (Canada or Dept. H) turned the Secret Empire base into Department K?

MM

It would seem that Dana is correct. Val Cooper worked for the Secret Empire at the facility, believing it to be a legit UN operation. Wyre destroyed it while dealing with the Breed. Dept H went in after Wyre had finished and found Kyle amongst the wreckage.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Maybe "THEY" (Canada or Dept. H) turned the Secret Empire base into Department K?

MM
    LOL....You never know... "THEY" are always doing things like that.

Dana