Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Art Of Being Inane

Default The Art Of Being Inane

Tis a strange world we live in. Some of us it would seem, spend a large part of our lives doing, saying or writing things, who's end results and the processes to those results do not actually serve any purpose. These inane actions have set my thought processes all of a flutter.

By being inane, are we just being really sad troll like people or are we actually being very clever? By the very act of being inane, it would seem that we create emotions in others that we feed off in order to escape from our own inane little worlds. This creates a quandrary, if we're inane enough to realise that we're inane and we use the very thing we so obviously hate to create the emotions so we can escape what we hate, then obviously we only become inane to escape. So that proffers the question, why become what you hate, just so you can escape from it. A classic catch 22 situation it would seem. Or maybe not.

I am more of the opinion that inane people don't actually exist, they are just people who have nothing better to do than try and upset people who's intellect makes them feel threatened and jealous.

Then again I could be wrong, but I don't seriously expect anyone to answer this subject, it's too inane
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I would like to know who starts off those annoying forwarded emails with such titles as "Getting to know you" and which then contain a quiz which pertains to somehow give your friends a hidden insight into you, your psyche and your life. However with such questions as "If you were a crayon what colour would you be?" and "What is on the floor of your closet?" it's basically a huge waste of space in your inbox! I think whoever starts these off should be tracked down and made to read EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE which has ever been written to the damn things!

Best post I've read in ages Del! A little inane though

Ben

I'm with BB on this one boys! the sods who send out the 'forward to three dozen of your best mates' emails need to be punished...I volunteer for the position of dungeon keeper! I have the whips and all.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

By answering and then answering the answers, don't the answerer and the answerers answerer, by definition become inane and thus create a situation where we are all feeding off each other. Thus creating some kind of cyber banquet for inadequate emotional cannibals.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    By answering and then answering the answers, don't the answerer and the answerers answerer, by definition become inane and thus create a situation where we are all feeding off each other. Thus creating some kind of cyber banquet for inadequate emotional cannibals.
    my brain exploded reading that. O.o
    Hell was full, so I came back.

let me answer your answer to the answers of your post:

Yes

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    let me answer your answer to the answers of your post:

Yes

Ben
    However, don't we by the very creation of an adverse cyber banquet, leave the inanity of our initial answer behind? Thus rendering us anything but inane and defeating the purpose of our first question and answer?
    Del

Yes...er...no.....ummm....maybe?

Ben

[However, don't we by the very creation of an adverse cyber banquet, leave the inanity of our initial answer behind? Thus rendering us anything but inane and defeating the purpose of our first question and answer?
    I suddenly realised that if our initial aim was to escape inanity, we are not so much defeating our purpose, but achieving our initial aim. Giving us the formula where A=Aim, B=Action and R=Result as follows

A/A-B=Rr+A\BS*c
    Del

Giving us the formula where A=Aim, B=Action and R=Result as follows

A/A-B=Rr+A\BS*c
    DEl I think there are missing some () because do you say (A/A)-B= (Rr+A)/BS*c or more A/(A-B)=(Rr+A/BS)*c? or any other combination possible?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Most combinations would work, giving rise to the premise that the more inane a persons primary start point, the more certain are they of achieving their aim by any means, no matter how inane or annoying.
    Del

.... Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to our Inane Asylum....
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Ultimate spiffy mastication plinth kumquat zebra.

If a user posts in a forum and nobody replies does it make it inane?