Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should snowbird actually be white?

Yet in the tirade, Allan, YOU did not teach what word should be used! Someone else filled it in.
    Because it been said a lot of times in this forum over the years and many knows about it. It was just funny that way. Anyway, If I did not said it Allan would have done it sooner than later.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Yet in the tirade, Allan, YOU did not teach what word should be used! Someone else filled it in.
    Because it been said a lot of times in this forum over the years and many knows about it. It was just funny that way. Anyway, If I did not said it Allan would have done it sooner than later.
    Like right now. Sorry for being so quiet lately, but my puter went kablooey, so my online time is going to be a mighty bit restricted until I can get it fixed/eplaced.

Anyhoo, Sylvie's correct: over the last year and a half of the forum's existence - as well as the previous six years of being involved with Alpha Waves -, I've always fought for the defamation of the derrogatory word 'Eskimo', and the rise in the correct term 'Inuit'. Sorry kozz, you've been napping again.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Well....it continues, Allan.

An article in Notion(a british music mag)that my partner buys, introduced a new dance music group called "Eskimo Disco"...Ick.

A (teeth-gnashing)article quote on how they came up with their name...

The band's unsual name came about as Liam and Scott were travelling around Greenland, looking for a party-as you do. They eventually found an outdoor disco, where people looking like Eskimos were dancing around. Liam says, "We had such a wicked time partying with these people that we thought it would be wicked to come back and play live music some time. That's our ultimate ambition: to play as Eskimo Disco at an Eskimo disco.

I suddenly feel ill.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!