Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is a good line-up for Alpha Flight?

Default What do you think is a good line-up for Alpha Flight?

Me:
    Guardian
    Sasquatch
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Shaman
    Snowbird
    Puck would be replaced by Wolverine (I read that Wolverine was once a member of AF a really long time ago...and he's a Canadian superhero, so IMO he would be perfect for the team)
    Box

Also, how would u change Alpha Flight?
    How I'd do it:
    -1. Northstar wouldn't be gay. His gayness would be entirely written out of Marvel continuity. If you don't agree with my opinion...Excellent! It's a free country. I enjoy you opposing my moral and ethical beliefs. No, really, go ahead.
    -2. Sasquatch would actually be THE strongest guy in the MU like Byrne intended. He would be able to beat up the Hulk for fun.
    -3. Guardian getting killed 50 times would be written out of Marvel continuity. I hate how every Marvel character dies and gets brought back from the dead all the time, it's really crappy. If death is not a serious force, there is no threat to the heroes when they tackle a major villain.
    -4. The characters would actually be POWERFUL. I'm not saying they'd all be heralds of Galactus, but they'd be tough enough to hold their own against the Avengers or Justice League. Guardian's suit would have a bigger punch per shot than a mere 250 pounds of TNT. The Hulk wouldn't even feel that.
    -5. Sasquatch wouldn't have been turned into a girl. I mean, it didn't even make any SENSE. I have no idea what was wrong with Mantlo.
    -6. Alpha Flight would be one of the MU's top superhero teams, as much as any other, and other characters and people in the MU setting would treat them as well as they do the Fantastic Four (or at least Canadians in the MU would). The team would not be an ignored, forgotten joke.
    -7. This whole new line-up crap would be disposed of. From what I can see, it's not even going anywhere. Marvel would find a really good writer for AF. I'm not sure who that is, but it would be somebody that the fans like alot (though I am assuming it's impossible to get Byrne back on the book), and then give him a huge contract so he stays on it for like 300 issues.
    -8. Alpha Flight would actually have some serious villains en par with any evildoers the Avengers deal with. I mean, the Great Beasts are supposed to be powerful enough to challenge Eskimo gods, but aren't even as tough as a real pantheon?! And the Master of the World just sucks. They should be able to fight Doctor Doom, Thanos, Kang the Conquerer and the other big bads. It would be a shame to think that such a unique, original superhero team would have to waste their time on complete bungholes.
    "You will bow down before the almighty Bunghole!"-Cornholio

Default Re: What do you think is a good line-up for Alpha Flight?

-1. Northstar wouldn't be gay. His gayness would be entirely written out of Marvel continuity. If you don't agree with my opinion...Excellent! It's a free country. I enjoy you opposing my moral and ethical beliefs. No, really, go ahead.
    Now you're heading into troll-country, bb.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

MY AF line-up changes all the time. If continuity matters and with several characters in Weapon X:

Northstar, change in leadership
    Shaman
    Snowbird
    Sasquatch
    Major Mapleleaf
    Zuzha
    A new paranormal of my design

Hudsons run Dept. H, Puck is in charge of Intelligence and Training. THis team is designed without Box because of Weapon X.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

No, it was serious. Go ahead. Say something the opposite of my opinion. I'm *not* being sarcastic.
    "You will bow down before the almighty Bunghole!"-Cornholio

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss
    No, it was serious. Go ahead. Say something the opposite of my opinion. I'm *not* being sarcastic.
    I know...what you're doing is called trolling/baiting...and no thanks, I'll pass.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss
    Okay. I'm game ... ahem ... No, in MY opinion, and contrary to yours, Northstar sexual preference would remain as is and unchanged.

Hehehehe.

I have to agree though about the villians thing ... my admittedly limited knowledge of Alpha Flight observes them contending with some really lame and unspectacular villians.

As for the line-up, I"d like to see the original Weapon Alpha/Vindicator/ Guardian back, along with good ol'former pro football player Walter-Sasquatch.

I'll stomach the retun of the Canadian "wonder-twins" because they just seem to fit, but would like to be rid of Snowbird and Shaman.

So ...

Guardian
    Sasquatch
    Northstar
    Aurora

That would be the core of team, and roster changes would revolve around them. As for who would fill out the ranks, well, I'd like to see a Major Mapleleaf II in his old man's Mountie uniform and a green-hornet like face mask. Heck, thats WAY more Canadian than wearing the flag as part of one's costume. Maybe if Wildchild could be redefined as a Native Indian. Anyway, I'm not particular with appentage members, but the heart and soul must live.

In the event of Ben not being about, I'm going to step in and remind all board users that baiting/attacking fellow posters, for whatever reason, is not allowed and shall be dealt with accordingly.

You have been warned.

Opinions are opinions and you have a right to them, but let's not force them upon others, or proclaim that they're "right."

Guardian
    Vindicator
    Major Mapleleaf
    Madison Jeffries (not Box)
    Diamond Lil
    Puck
    Puck II
    Snowbird
    Sasquatch

So, basically, what it is now except with Madison and Lil and without that Earthmover dork. He can head up a revamped Beta Flight.

As our trusty moderator Phil stated, trolling is not a practice we condone on Alpha Waves. You opinions are welcome, however you must respect the opinions of others, as you would expect them to respect yours. Baiting other members into starting arguments is not acceptable, where inteligent debate is. Please refer to the following : http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?p=6673

Ben (back to the 70 hour work week)

My line-up(just to go along with the thread):

Guardian(Heather)
    Aurora
    Northstar(gay, the way he was created/born)
    Puck
    Sasquatch
    Shaman
    Snowbird
    Talisman

Dana

My lot would be
    Vindicator (Heather)
    Puck
    Sas
    Talisman
    Northstar
    Wyre
    Snowbird
    Box (Maddy)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Wyre??!! What is with this movement to bring him back....oy!! :P

Anyhoo....fun and games over, I think that my line-up would be:

Vindicator (Heather)
    Puck
    Sasquatch
    Shaman
    Snowbird
    Box/Madison Jeffries
    Nemesis (with her vol.3 origin written out)

I think I'd have Northstar (origin intact), Aurora, and Mac playing the roles of trainers and/or administrators for a new Department H, with Gentry at the helm.

MHO,
    -Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

No gay Northstar? Sheesh!

Puck (leader, trying somehow to tell Zuzhu he's her dead beat dad)

Northstar (homorific and getting married!! Yeah!!)

Wolverine (wanted in US, hated by X-Men, trying to make it up to NS, and with a new Canadarific costum)

Earthmover (gets a personality, has feelings for Zuhzu)

Puck II (Unsure of her feelings for Earthmover and MML)

Flex

Ghost Girl

Radius (didn't really die)

Major Mapleleaf

Shaman is the head trainer and intelligence dude. Sasquatch is the head of reasearch. Mac and Heather are the "sages," frequently there giving advise but have quit heroing to raise their kid, both maybe getting government jobs, maybe even senators.

Puck, Northstar, and Wolverine form the good ole boy, veterans click that runs everything, that the new kids recent. Sounds great right.

I guess I'm the only new team fan here...

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Independent AF, Hudsons on vacation/hiatus/leave

There seems to be no consensus on an Alpha Flight line-up. Some people like a mixture of all three volumes, some prefer two volumes but not a third, most of the mixtures are different. What is the point to this?

My line-up: Michael/Shaman, Walt/Sasquatch, Narya/Snowbird, Elizabeth/Talisman, Eugene and Zuzha/Puck(s), Aurora, and Northstar.
    No Dept. H.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Yeah you'll see a wide variety of rosters evey time you ask this question. I think you have to marry the past to the present somehow, but you have to give the long term fans something they will recognize as Alpha Flight. Otherwise it flops again. My roster would be:

The Hudsons in administrative roles. Shaman moves into role as physician.

In the field:

Puck
    Sasquatch
    Talisman (with Shaman's pouch)
    Snowbird
    Box (with Major Mapleleaf II inside)
    Flex or Ghost Girl
    Aurora

Give you a lot of the past with some favorites from V2 and V3. I'd never change who Jean Paul is.Hell, the falcon can fly, but he isn't half as interesting as the possibilities Northstar gives you. Still he wouldn't make my roster, because he's a part of the X-Men for now.