Poll: Where should Wolverine go?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Wolverine, where the heck are you going?

Default Wolverine, where the heck are you going?

Wolverine is in every single X-Men comic, and when he isn't, he's in his own comic. He is certainly the pack mule of the Marvel Universe, tote that bail, lift that barge, yes sir he can do it all.

When there was no Alpha FLight comic, it was the Wolverine series that maintained the continuity. Earthmover was introduced in Wolverine, the teenage Mac died in Wolverine.

Let's see: Wolverine
    Astonishing X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men
    New Avengers

He does it till it's raw. That last Wolverine arc was crazy, it brought everythign else to a standstill when he went all bad guy. Killed Northstar, SHIELD got messed up, and a whole bunc hof crazy crap.

The question is, what should Wolverine do now?

Should he quit the X-Men for good and work the Avengers until he forgives himself? Should he go back to the three titles? Maybe he could join a revamp Alpha Flight?

I have yet to talk to anyone who thinks Wolverine being in every title at once is a good idea (possibly if I spoke to the Editors at Marvel they might disagree of course), I have no problem with him being in his solo title, ONE X-Team and maybe New Avengers but he is in way too many titles now and if he isn't a regular in a title he is probably guest starring in it!

I noticed that there wasn't an 'Away' option. As in Wolverine should JUST go away. He's been done to death and the character is moot and no longer viable (IMNSHO). Then again he makes big bucks for the PTB, so he's worth something to someone I s'pose
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well, Wolverine was originally envisioned as the leader of Alpha Flight.

It would be cool to see him return to his roots, settle into a training/leadership position (settle? ), and bring Alpha Flight back under his own aegis.

I'd like to see him just be in his solo book for a while, with maybe guest appearances here and there on occasion(but not on a regular basis).

A new AF relaunch with Wolvering as leader might actually sell really well, if written well and the art was good....but I doubt Chris Claremont would let him out of the X-Men(even though years ago, Chris hated him and wanted to get rid of him).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Solo and Astonishing. That's IT. No guest spots, nothing (unless the rest of the Astonishing team's there too, and even then, make it MINIMAL).

Thread moved to Polls section.

Personally I opted for Solo. I think the character is way over used, and he would have more impact solo. He's not a team type character, and in his own book he could then get to team up with various other characters and teams. Then when he had a guest apperance in other books, people wouldn't roll thier eyes and call it a money grab by using him.

Ben

I find it funny that the reason he left Dept. H was because he hated being a government stooge, yet he doesn't seem to mind being a SHIELD stooge now?

Why not bring him back to AF long enough to relaunch the title and make him work off any debt he feels he owes NS. He can organize the team to find the Alphans in WX and then take off back to his solo series after that, leaving AF to their own devices.

I voted solo as well much for the same reason that Ben did. By taking him solo you can fee him up to to whore himself out to whatever title needs a bump in sales.