Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm new to this site, why not chat with me, i'm lonely here

Hello carlson,

Just want to make sure I understood perfectly what you wrote, I mean english not been my first language. As I understood we can thank you for starting AF vol 2 but at the same time we can blame you and Clark for the cancellation because marvel where paying you good money for your work and instead of doing what you where paid for you spend time playing with video games. In so doing, you lower the quality of the book and infuriate readers and maybe also cost more to Marvel because they had to pay someone else to do the work you where supposed to do but did not because you where too late.

And if I push even more, could I say that if many creator where doing like you, it's no wonder Marvel had a bankruptcy and in a small way you did contribute to that bankruptcy and helped lower the quality of the working conditions at Marvel and as you said yourself lower the quality of the overall industry. Do I read too much from your message or not?

If I understood what you mean, I'm impressed by your frankness and I thank you.

And If I'm wrong, do tell me what I missed.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

well thanks for typing what i was thinking.

first lobdell kills alpha with his horrible humor and then we find out that the two other people responsible for guiding our beloved series was to busy playing video games and buying whatever it is they were buying to put out a quality series. yet they had no problem cashing the royalty checks.

oh, by the way, visit my site and buy my goods.

riiiiiiiiight.

Default ok ok, my earlier explanation of what happed is missing ..

i oversimplifed, and left out loads of information in my earlier statement.

im not used to people actually listing (reading) to what im saying, so,

in my profile, click personal gallaries, and i gave a running comentary on what was going on behind the scenes, during the particular art piece creation time, just one problem with the gallary, when you view it , reverse the order of the pieces!!! or else it's all backwards

Default i almost forgot

when you are viewing the pics in my gallary, in 'acending ' order, the comments i wrote can be viewed by clicking the comments button

I think some of us may have pre judged Carlson, maybe his words were taken out of context? I've taken a wander through the gallery and what we have there is a a litle bit more of Alpha history. An inside look at how an issue of alpha vol 2 was put together. It makes for fascinating reading, take a time out and have a look, well worth it.

Personally I'd like to say thanks to Carlson for taking the time to write all those captions.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thanks for posting this stuff Chris, I really enjoyed reading it and seeing you perspectives. Do you have any pics or YOUR version of Manbot? I'd LOVE to see 'em!

Ben

Default x men alpha flight crossover cover not used

i got permission to display this unused cover from the crossover issue that was handed over to a differant art team at the last minute, before the advance ordering offers went out...just look in my gallary to see it

Default Re: x men alpha flight crossover cover not used

Quote Originally Posted by Carlson
    i got permission to display this unused cover from the crossover issue that was handed over to a differant art team at the last minute, before the advance ordering offers went out...just look in my gallary to see it
    that's a great image. I am the first to admid, I'm not a fan of Clark's art, but that cover is pretty cool none the less. The pic of Mac Jr. is good. BTW, the other new one, the on that you used to make you avatar, I always though was one of Clark's best face pannels.

Ben

I can't see any images at all in your gallery, for some reason... everyone else's yeah, just not yours...

Default next set of images?

i 'll go through my stuff, and get some of the copies of scott clark's pencils, before i inked t hem, and make another gallary of them, maybe a before and after type galler y, when i have time though

Thank you for sharing these with us, Chris...it's really nice of you.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Default Carlson's comments

Hiya folks (one of the rare occasions I'm dipping into this forum ).

Chris - I really enjoyed your commentary and it's interesting to note that relationship that existed between a penciller and an inker. I now understand why inkers are sometimes also called 'finishers'.

I was sorry to read that you're no longer involved in the comic industry. Big loss, I think, because I thought that your inks were very slick and polished. If ever the opportunity presents itself, I hope you'll get back into it.

I too would love to have seen your version of Manbot. I've always thought that he should be more mecha-like. In fact, in the fan art gallery of this forum, someone had posted a little sketch I did of a 2nd Flight version of Manbot (from back when 2nd Flight was all the rage), but my Manbot was more like a robot with a fake human face plastered on it.

Default more pages in my gallary

it's going to take some time to find the xerox copies of the pages before i inked them, and then displayed side by side. their are a lot of copies to go through, and i didn't name any of the boxes. i have put up one set of side by side comparison pages, and a nice version of manbot, their will be more when i have more time, and i'm not playing videogames.
    check out this site www.shooshtime.com
    I've downloaded A hot tub comercial, when 1 female models kinda poops in the tub, she must have been sick, best part is when the dude pushes the other models out of the way, and jumps

Hey, Nice to meet you!
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard