Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm new to this site, why not chat with me, i'm lonely here

Default I'm new to this site, why not chat with me, i'm lonely here

hey their alpha fans, if that isn't an insult. I'm Chris Carlson, former escaped inker from Marvel. I worked on the second series with Scott Clark and Stephen Segal, issues 1 thru nine, i think, anyway, I recently created a website for me to sell my art returns from the Alpha Flight series, and some other issues i've done. visit it at www.comicartdepot.com and be sure to let me know what you think, i mean, at conventions and at signings i've sold some of my original art returns to individuals and collectors, but that process was slow and didn't produce many sales. with this website, i hope to reach a much larger group of collectors and fans, compleat more sales, and so on.
    but, with this method, it's impersonal, no one on one contact with people who like comic books for comic books. not as an investment, or 'this will be worth something down the road', no i mean the people who buy the comic book to read, to follow the story, those are the people i enjoy talking to. so, check out my site, and e-mail me any thoughts, questions, opinions, or ways to improve my site. tanks!

Hi Chris! Nice to see an other AF creator join our ranks. I loved the writing in Vol.2, but Scott Clark's art just rubbed me the wrong way. You inks seemed all good, but I guess you can't get blood from a stone. Still, I'd be tempted to buy some stuff once I finish digging myself out of debt

Ben

Hi Chris, a big welcome to you. TMI follows...

I'm Dana Smith(yes, that is my real last name)...I've loved comics since I was a little one(5 yrs old). My dad would bring me comics every day after he finished work...he got me hooked on Marvel Werewolf By Night, Tomb of Dracula, Spider-Woman. Even as a little kid, I loved Sci-Fi and monsters and he knew it.
    I don't collect them for monetary reasons...I have no intention of ever selling the them...they'll be buried with me I tell you!!!....

Anyway...enough of me blabbering...It's great having another professional comic-lover here to gab with.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Welcome to Alpha Waves Chris! Calling us Alpha fans is no insult, anyway we've probably been called worse. Like Ben said, it's nice to have someone who actually worked on an Alpha series here with us, as we always love to hear some behind the scenes stories and get some insight as to the direction the creative team was heading in (before the book was cancelled of course).

Brian

Welcome. Let's start a chat about some of the behind the scenes goings on in regards to Vol. 2.

Default hello

hi guys. I'm new. Any pointers?

Default Re: hello

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird26
    hi guys. I'm new. Any pointers?
    Hmm, lesseee, express yer opinions, have fun, enjoy the great people that have gathered here, and don't let the pigmy tribe in the cupboard steal your socks.

Welcome Snowbird26!

Ben

Default Re: hello

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    ... express yer opinions...
    Ben's right on this one, but please remember people, to express your opinions HONOURABLY and RESPONCIBLY. We've had our fair-share of trouble-makers here. we don't want to add you to our 'banned' gallery (which I doubt will happen, but it's better to be safe than sore at you).

Okay, my parenting bit is done...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Well in v2 the Director was supposed to be from the Serpent Society. I'd change that to him being General Chassen before the Hudsons take over.

What are the Legacies? Gosh, so many possibilities. Gamma-irradiated. No, gamma-irradion just gave Dept. H an opportunity to experiment. No, gamma-irradiation was just a cover for the experiments. No, they're mutants. No, they're Children of the Night. No, they're children from when Department H was seeing what mutants were all about and Sabretooth killed the parents in an explosion (from a Wolverine mini).
    I'd go with gamma-irradiation with experiments.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

well, as for what the legacy children were, it always seemed pretty strait forward to me. They are test-tube babies made from the genetic material of existing marvel mutants. As much was told to us by Seagle and Rouleau after the fact, stating that Flex is Wolverine's "son", Lilli is Diamond Lil's "Daughter" Radius is Unus' "son" ect.

Ben

But what is not stated in comics can change!

If I wrote AF, I'd only have 2 Legacies left and they'd have less power, being 'saved' from Cleric et al's fate by Sasquatch.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default continuing

-- this content was removed by request --

very interesting. thansk for the insight to what went on behind the scenes. so sad, becuase if series 2 was launched now, instead of during marvels bankruptcy period it probally would have been a top 20 title.

series 3 was a absolute joke.

Default none

none
    check out this site www.shooshtime.com
    I've downloaded A hot tub comercial, when 1 female models kinda poops in the tub, she must have been sick, best part is when the dude pushes the other models out of the way, and jumps