Hello there, eh! Long time fan of Alpha Flight here.

I was initialy excited about the new series when I first heard it was coming out, Alpha FLight's dinamic has always been really appealing to me, however, it really did not live up to my expectations.

Not to be insulting or anything, but it just seemed it was too focused on comedy and now enough on substance, plot, action, etc. The whole premise was also kinda dumb, there were plenty of better alternatives for Walter then form a compeltly novice group of heros to save the OGs of Canada (i.e. the second series team with Murmur and Flex, Avengers, X-Men). The ending to that first arc was also a little silly, the fact that the other team just wakes up and they solve everything, there was no climactic battle of good and evil, and that whole animosity between them all sort of fizzled out.

I'm sorry to say this but it just wasn't that good.

I was a big fan of the second series team, with Flex and Radius and Murmur. They were the next generation, what the hell happened to them? I guess Radius is dead or whatever...

Some things I did like were the characters introduced. Puck is one cool character; tough, mouthy, gritty, still sexy and cute, with appeling powers and history, and the fact that she's so canadio-centric, everybody loves a local-yokle.

Also, Major Mapleleaf is the best! He's one of those good-hearted do-gooders, who were everywhere in the Golden Age, but now are hard to find. Those chacters still serve a purpose as being a guiding light for other characters and anti-heros. He has an intersting background filled with provocative denial, compelling dialog, and relativly no powers, just skill. He's the real Canadian Captian America.

Both these guys have potential for the future, even beyond Alpha Flight. I could see both tearing it up with Deadpool or Wolverine.

Centenial was interesting, I suppose he'd be fun to follow, but it was still kinda weird. Nemesis... just let her die. Yukon Jack is like Namor for the land, but not as cool, and Namor ain't that cool.

I'll probubly get yelled at for this, but you always run that risk when you post your opinion.

See ya, eh.