Poll: Did you like the new Alpha Flight?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The All-New Alpha Flight, over before it started

Naw that's a cop out, we gotta respect Vol. 3 as canon, it really happened.

The really thing to hope for is a writer that's multitasky enough to collectivly draw together every loose end ever and noose around your brain stem, someone who can create order from chaos, who has the guts to murder the people who must die, and be ever faithful to the principles around which the comic was formed.

I nominate myself!!! Muwahahahahahaha!!!

Seriously, I got this idea. It'll bring back the old characters that were lost in the shake up (Pathway, Goblyn, Talisman, Flex, Murmer, and bring Radius back to life, if Sunpyre can survive her gunshot death, he can survive his) as well as a bunch of characters that can be key to the series (Northstar, Wolverine, Weapon P.R.I.M.E., Big Hero 6) and the good ole Master of the freakin' World, as well as focusing on the "Original" (Guardian, Shaman, Earthmover, etc.) and some of the "All-Different" (MML, Puck, Centennial) characters.

My idea is resolution of the past; the Master's final solution; AF need for a revival or the planet is doomed; the cleansing of the spirits of each member; the hope of a nation; and some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Julesville
    Hey, if it was good enough for Dallas...

My idea is resolution of the past; the Master's final solution; AF need for a revival or the planet is doomed; the cleansing of the spirits of each member; the hope of a nation; and some other stuff.
    Wow, sounds ambitious! Are you going to write this as a fanfic?

My idea is this; the "All-Different" members all retired, while the "Past Originals" become the premeir super-heros again, uniting the Canadian people. However, they are actually perfected Plodex clones, created by the Master, who orchestrated AF's capture at the beginning of Vol. 3. In that first arc, he underestimated the power of the new team and aborted his plan to copy AF into the Plodex eggs, mid-plot. Hidden in the lower recesses of the Plodex Ship, he watched the endless jokes and banter and he realized that even if the greatest heros fell, there would be more to replace them because the allure of good was too strong.

As long as he was a villian, he would be defeated by heros. So he abandoned his desgins for violent conquering and instead studied the heros, through his spy, Mar, ya know, the Plodex mascot they had.

Finally he came up with another plan, perfecting the plodex clones of the orignial AF, and bartering for genetic specs on Northstar and Aurora from Hydra and Weapon X's Sinister, respectively, he built his clones filled with the memories and principles of the original AF, but ignorant of their creation by the Master. Sinister and the Master are evil pen-pals, doncha know.

Using Garner Monroe aka Flashback, intcing him with the thought that he could send a clone back in time instead, he orchestrated that whole ******ed time-caper. Firstly, by pulling the old transmitter behind the ear trick with Big Hero 6, he was able to bring AF out in the open for Flashback to impliment his plan. They all returned back, where the Master had activated his most devious devise yet, the Rediculoid. A devise that entertains the rediculous yet plausible ideas of the people it traps. As soon as the Alphans sat down, all 6 of them, plus Flashback, plus the Horse, were assimliated into the machine, while the Master watched on the big screen.

This is how that stupid story arc took place, the devise encouraged the dumb **** that took place, and the people's own resourcful cognitive function ensured that the plot line would be resolved in a confusing, yet beleivable way.

So that that strange crap going down, the Master watched, and when he saw the bag and coins thing, he finished his plan, he made a bag with some cybernetic enhancements, walked into the room, put it on the table, punch Sasquach in the ear, grab Flashback and went back below. The dumb story played out and they woke up in the ship without knowing anything was different, hence, no time change. They open the bag and with a little smoke and mirrors the idiots were ready to beleive anything.

Plausible? Plausible enough, this is Marvel after all.

So, the Plodex clones take there place as the big shots, as the "All-Different" team voluntarily retires and dissappears. Walt researches in the arctic, Puck and MML live together in Toronto, YJ goes home, the other two dissappear. Meanwhile, AF, them being from the heyday of super-heroing, become the force that unites Canada, lauding it's praises at every opportunity. Mac becomes leader figure and teaches the kids good lessons, Heather becomes example of the modern canadian carrer woman, Puck helps train the olympic gymnastics team, Northsta, Aurora, and Snowbird do everything from starring in movies to nudey mags to fashion lines. Aurora is canada's new sex symbol, and Northstar their new same sex symbol, hah hah hah. AF so boombards the culture that the peopel would do anything for them, like LA and the Lakers.

And this is how the Master rules the world. The clones don't know it but they are actually working at the behest of the Master, and it's only a matter of time before he makes a bid for the planet, right, and what about those heros in space, he can't have them coming back and ruining his plans. It's up to the unlikly former Alphans and some friends to wrest control of canada's heart back from the Master.

Can canada's laid off, has-been super-heros stop AF before it becomes the pawn in the Master's game? Can AF overcome their programming and become the heros they beleive they are? Is the Master sincere in creating super heros or will his ego rear it's ugly, giant head?Find out all this and more in Alpha Flight Vol. 4!!! By me. Anybody know the number for marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Hey, if it was good enough for Dallas...

Wow, sounds ambitious! Are you going to write this as a fanfic?
    I'd rather go to Marvel and demand they make it, but ah... ya know, baby steps.

I don't know. Sas' bad dream after a night of drinking and Taco Bell sounds much more plausable. That doesn't mean the V3 characters don't actually exist, but perhaps Walter has seen them in some of Mac's files and his brain kinda ran with the images, or made them up in the case of Yukon Jack. I mean does anyone really want a battle with wax dummies to be the legacy Alpha Flight leaves behind. Wipe the slate and make them real heroes again. I do like your Master idea though. Puts a new twist on his mechanizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I don't know. Sas' bad dream after a night of drinking and Taco Bell sounds much more plausable. That doesn't mean the V3 characters don't actually exist, but perhaps Walter has seen them in some of Mac's files and his brain kinda ran with the images, or made them up in the case of Yukon Jack. I mean does anyone really want a battle with wax dummies to be the legacy Alpha Flight leaves behind. Wipe the slate and make them real heroes again. I do like your Master idea though. Puts a new twist on his mechanizations.
    That ain't plausable, that's pathetic. The truly good writers can take a bad storline and completely turn it around. Now I'm not saying that's me, but hell, somebody can ressurect the whole thing.

I sure hope they don';t do the whole ignroe everythign that happened thing that Marvel does all the time, sheesh.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Simple solution, deep implications

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    ...Sas' bad dream after a night of drinking and Taco Bell sounds much more plausable. That doesn't mean the V3 characters don't actually exist, but perhaps Walter has seen them in some of Mac's files and his brain kinda ran with the images....I mean does anyone really want a battle with wax dummies to be the legacy Alpha Flight leaves behind. Wipe the slate and make them real heroes again....
    I can go along with Barnacle's idea: Walt's imagination running wild about potential super-people (even Yukon Jack). I'm not as optimistic as Julesville that a writer is going to "fix" AF's continuity. Some of it sucks. Big time.

And if MARVEL decides to go ahead with a volume 4, I'm willing to bet that they won't listen to what people say they want, and MARVEL will create even more new characters that are supposed to be taken as "Alpha Flight" and wreck the originals even more.

Wax dummies should not be even remotely considered part of AF's legacy.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

You know, I hate to rant, but what is it with people in the comicbook industry and this pressing need for constant, unjustified, and even insulting and destructive change? And how can they constantly chalk such changes up to, ahem, "development" and "progress"?

Alpha Flight began, pre-volume1, as an awesome and interesting super group with great story potential. I didn't like all of the characters, but it was the line-up that popularized the team and sparked that first run. However, no sooner had the first run began when the original Guardian was killed off.

He was one of the characters that (most) everyone did like, and which defined the original Alpha Flight. Hell, the original X-Men got 93 issues and kept Cyclops after the switch. And then how long did it take to make a significant change to that team? About 100 or so more issues? Did the X-Men suffer during these "boring" periods of relative stability? Or did the title reach even new heights of success?

I won't even touch the stability of the FF roster.

I think Sasquatch's dream is a good idea, especially judging by the sound of how they handled run three. A joke should be treated as a joke.

There ya go! Best idea yet. It was all a joke played on Walt by Puck! Challenges him to a drinking contest and records Walts ramblings as V3!