Thread: Wolverine #30 Preview - Spoilers, clearly

Default Wolverine #30 Preview - Spoilers, clearly

Good to see characters are still dealing with JP's death.

[link]

I also wonder if Kitty will suffer from the guilt of allowing Logan to pass through her phased body. She could have saved JP's life if she had either taken the brunt of the attack or managed to block Logan to give JP a split-second to fly away really fast. Can she control her phasing or does anything just phase right through her that is moving into her path? If she can control it, then she made a choice to save herself and let JP die.
    I said that : here back in March. The speech bubble in the far right panel on p2 with Emma Frost's taunting, "And you still feel some guilt about this? You still blame yourself for Northstar's death?" indicates [crudely] that for some time Kitty has in fact been suffering. I still wonder to what extent she has been feeling this, or if the knowledge of JP's resurrection will serve to temper her remorse.

Haha, we never got into this before but it opens a little philosophical can of worms: if A kills B and C was there and C could have stopped it, then C is not responsible for B's death. A is. This case is even better because C would have to have probably been really injured or killed trying to stop A. I'm having dinner tonight with a graduate student studying ethics - we're going to have a field day with this one.

Note: for those who are completely lost, A=Logan, B=JP, C=Kitty.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Northstar may have just not realized in the battle that (doh) Kitty could and would phase.
    Kitty may not have realized JP was still directly behind her.
    Northstar can fly fast, but remember, he does not have enhanced reaction time. (Though his reaction time must increase in relation to his speed, or else he'd have splattered himself a long time ago.)
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

It's an interesting direction their taking with him. Being slaughtered by a friend is one issue, being raised from the dead a whole other consequence.