Thread: Major Mapleleaf I

Default Major Mapleleaf I

Heyja!

I'm curious if anyone can tell me more about the first Major Mapleleaf?
    Displays of strength/strength level and agility/coordination, fighting ability, how invulnerable, etc. is the type of info I'm after.

I don't have the comic in which he battles Northstar (though it recently was added to my list), but if anyone could help me out now, that would be much appreciated.

I remember Banshee refering to Weapon Alpha as "Major Mapleleaf or whatever ye call yourself!!!", but never knew that somebody took that up name and made an actual character out of him. Cool.

Default Re: Major Mapleleaf I

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Heyja!

I remember Banshee refering to Weapon Alpha as "Major Mapleleaf or whatever ye call yourself!!!", but never knew that somebody took that up name and made an actual character out of him. Cool.
    Cool?

Personnal choice, personnally, I hate him. number 1 in my hate liste before Wire (yes, I know phil...)
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois

Cool?

Personnal choice, personnally, I hate him. number 1 in my hate liste before Wire (yes, I know phil...)
    I suspect that is how I would feel about Major Mapleleaf II, from vol.3, even though I've never read any of those issues before. Him and this Yukon Jack fellow, and, well, pretty well vol.3 in general, but thats just my initial impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Heyja!

I'm curious if anyone can tell me more about the first Major Mapleleaf?
    Displays of strength/strength level and agility/coordination, fighting ability, how invulnerable, etc. is the type of info I'm after.

I don't have the comic in which he battles Northstar (though it recently was added to my list), but if anyone could help me out now, that would be much appreciated.

Well, the stats have never been published that I've ever seen. This might help a bit, but I don't have anything there that hasn't been printed in the comics themselves.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Cool?

:P

The first one was in line with those WW2 heros that were all uber-patriotic; Captian America, Captian Britain, the Soviet Super Soldier or somthing like that. There were a lot of them actually.

The new Major Mapleleaf is a cool guy. I think he could eventualy take the reigns of Alpha Flight, give the old dudes a break. And his back story is probubly the most human, filled with child abuse and repression. This could eventually come out in a facinating story arc where he confronts his father (if he's alive, I don't remember), it could be filled with loathing and self-doubt which could lead to maybe, I dunno, a change of demenor or change of carrer, some forgiveness for his pops, put an end to the hero-worship, or even a romantic interlude with a compassionate teammate... I'm think Puck, that'd be sweet.

Maybe he becomes his own man, then later, the loss of a central figure to revolve around causes him to lose confidence and breakdown, offering all sorts of options. Aw!!! This guy is great!! The possibilities!!! All all through it we must be endeared by his commitment to good and justice while battling inner deamons!! Good f*cking show, Mr. Author!!!!

Personally, I think a Canadian hero wearing a Mountie uniform has a lot of possibilities.
    "You will bow down before the almighty Bunghole!"-Cornholio